Selecting The Right Oil For Your E85-Powered Application

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Been using E85 for ten years straight in my 2014 gt… nothing but Mobil 1 in my coyote for most of that time, no issues. I used to change the oil with a higher frequency than I would for gasoline, but last few years haven’t bothered, just keep an eye on it and change every 5-6K miles. using 0W-40 European spec M1…

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Been using E85 for ten years straight in my 2014 gt… nothing but Mobil 1 in my coyote for most of that time, no issues. I used to change the oil with a higher frequency than I would for gasoline, but last few years haven’t bothered, just keep an eye on it and change every 5-6K miles. using 0W-40 European spec M1…
What's the difference in the Euro crap Dave?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
What's the difference in the Euro crap Dave?
its classier than its yankee cousin

EDIT: Think its just formulated for longer oil change intervals, little thicker… probably not enough of a difference to make a difference. I use it in all my cars and can get it cheap at Walmart, just under 25 bucks for a jug…

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
its classier than its yankee cousin

EDIT: Think its just formulated for longer oil change intervals, little thicker… probably not enough of a difference to make a difference. I use it in all my cars and can get it cheap at Walmart, just under 25 bucks for a jug…
I'm so classy I run Amazon Basics in most of my stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread