select shift retrofit

acrbill

Established Member
I was at the dealer getting an oil change today and I had them take a look at my shifter handle as the silver paint is bubbling up a bit. Then while walking the lot I was looking at the 2014s and their different shifters with the select shift.

Has anyone retrofitted the select shift into an early car? I am going to go out on a limb and say besides the obvious shifter you would also need the trans tune, but is there anything else?

Before anyone adds their two cents about the worthiness keep it to yourself.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
its useless in my wifes edge so my question to you is why do you want it? just curious. like i said its kinda stupid to have in a edge but maybe better in a mustang? i like to screw with the wife and put it in select shift mode and watch her freak out like the edge is messed up lol.

Yagermeister

Established Member
Before anyone adds their two cents about the worthiness keep it to yourself.

The second poster obviously didn't read this line from the OP...

I'm subbed because I have always wondered what all is needed for this as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry no help, but did you drive a 2014 to see if you like the select shift? It is a cool idea, but it seems like with the tuning that can be done the a6 is already pretty good as is.

acrbill

Established Member
It stemmed more from the fact that I find the shifter to be more aesthetically pleasing but I do find myself shifting manually for an offramp and whatnot. On more than one occasion I have slapped the car from 1st into 3rd or even so far as 2 all the way up to neutral.

I really like my VMP and AED tunes since they downshift automatically in all the right situations and the Hill button tightens everything up even more.

If anyone has access to both cars and can peek at the wiring harness that would be nice.

Yagermeister

Established Member
its useless in my wifes edge so my question to you is why do you want it? just curious. like i said its kinda stupid to have in a edge but maybe better in a mustang? i like to screw with the wife and put it in select shift mode and watch her freak out like the edge is messed up lol.

Five.slow, when I read "my question to you is why do you want it?" that is exactly what the OP didn't want specifically. He didn't want to be questioned on why would he want it. He wanted to know how it could be done. I was simply pointing out what the OP desired

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Five.slow, when I read "my question to you is why do you want it?" that is exactly what the OP didn't want specifically. He didn't want to be questioned on why would he want it. He wanted to know how it could be done. I was simply pointing out what the OP desired

It's the same as asking "what do you want out if a supercharger" this will direct you in the right direction for the proper supercharger for you. Just an example.

Users who are viewing this thread