Security while you are....

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Why would you need this? You should just move into a gated community and only date girls that also live in gated communities. :rolleyes:

It's a pretty novel idea though. Might also be useful for any of us that live way out in the country to alert us to anyone making their way up the driveway.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
My car has a Viper with proximity that the previous owner had installed. It doesn't work for shit. It either doesn't work unless your in the car, or it false alarms, depending on how it's adjusted. Plus in my experience people that are trying to mess with a nice car but have an alarm go off have a tendency to not be happy about it and vandalize the car if they can. My car stays in the garage at home, but that doesn't mean I don't like to take it when going out to dinner and then have to park it out of sight in a public area at night. This might be overkill, but I can see the need for something like this. Of course I'm also realistic that I'm not driving a Ferrari. Anyone walking up on my car is probably just a Mustang guy wanting to check out a nice Cobra and has no bad intentions.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
How long do you think it takes for someone to break your window or punch your lock out AFTER they have entered your "no fly" zone? If someone wants in your car quickly, they will get in it.

Not leaving valuable items in plain view is a more reasonable and more effective deterrent. Also trying not to park in shit areas during shit times would be a good idea. Last, but not least, good insurance to cover any damage.

It's a car man, not some priceless work of art. But if your little door bells of justice help you sleep at night, have at it. We all buy shit we really don't need, so why is this any different, right? Interesting little gadget, I prefer the trunk monkey system though. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread