Security while you are....

Yams

Established Member
Banging the better half?

Serious... I read a lot of stories of people getting the shyt screwed with, emblems stolen, keyed, blown up, crapped on....

I have one of these things to tell me when people are in the "no fly zone".

Shoots a 50' beam that only grows to 2'x2'. rings like a door bell and you can get up, look outside and intervene before your ride gets messed with. Runs on a 9 volt battery. best part, it's mobile, so you can set it up at motels, girlfriends house, or....

Cross the beam, Ding Dong!!!

DWA-8.jpg

DWA-8 | Driveway Observer | Home Security Store

You can hook up to 4 sensors to one machine, wireless

I'm not sponsored by these guys, I just think they are great. Better than waiting for your window to get smashed before the car alarm goes off.

Last edited:

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Park in a garage?

Or maybe move up north in the state where there aren't so many.... well, you know.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Reread your OP and realized you liked the mobile aspect of it. Was thinking you just meant for at home. I guess you could carry it around but that's pretty paranoid, IMO. Avoid areas where you suspect shit like that will happen. It's just a car, anyway.

oldmodman

Established Member
I hate to be a party pooper.

But don't take a good car to a shit area.

Get and drive a beater. And never bother to wash it.

And when you are home get a damn house with a locking garage.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Keep your nice car in a garage while you DD a beater and you won't need any MacGyver gadget BS.

Problem solved.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Keep your nice car in a garage while you DD a beater and you won't need any MacGyver gadget BS.

Problem solved.

I'm just saying.. I shouldn't HAVE to drive a beater because I have to worry about people screwing with my nice car...

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I'm just saying.. I shouldn't HAVE to drive a beater because I have to worry about people screwing with my nice car...

I agree that you "shouldn't" have to drive a beater. We shouldn't need locks on our doors either, doesn't mean it's not a great idea.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
OK. I give... where would you put the transmitter and where would you park if you we went to Wal-Mart and had this?

03cobrah

Established Member
hmm thanks op i've been looking for something like this. i hope it works well without false alarms though that would be my only issue. except i will be just using this for my driveway.

btw viper does sell a proximity sensor for their systems. so if anyone gets too close it will send off warning chirps, while setting off your receiver so you know when someone is getting close to your car.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
So, let me get this straight. You want some kind of protection to carry around for EVERY time you go somewhere? You're gonna set it up EVERY time you park, or leave your car anywhere?

You're a little too paranoid, man.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
You have a few options, move out of the hood, buy more guns, lock a nice car in a garage,

Three21

Established Member
Interesting gadget for the driveway. I could see how this could be useful in an apartment setting too. That is, until someone steals/kicks over your $70 transmitter. Or the yard guy comes by and slaps the piss out of it with the weed whacker.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread