Securing car to trailer

BlueDevil63

Established Member
Sorry can't get search to work. What is the best way to secure a 2014 GT500 to a flatbed car hauler? I think wheel webs since I don't see a good location for axle straps. Any recommendation for wheel webs that will work with wheels/tires this size without scratching and scuffing? LooKing at e-track system.

svt662

Established Member
Sorry can't get search to work. What is the best way to secure a 2014 GT500 to a flatbed car hauler? I think wheel webs since I don't see a good location for axle straps. Any recommendation for wheel webs that will work with wheels/tires this size without scratching and scuffing? LooKing at e-track system.
I use a featherlite trailer with macs straps and the covers that work great! No marks on the wheels! image.jpeg

Last edited:

Slow Five-O

Established Member
I prefer axle straps and to find a spot on the k member or as a back up the a arms.

I've found the car tows much smoother with the cars suspension loaded down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devous1

Established Member
I use a featherlite trailer with macs straps and the covers that work great! No marks on the wheels!View attachment 69655

I have the exact same setup except I have a fairing on the front of the Featherlite. You can not beat Mac's tie downs the are the absolute best. I purchase the whole set direct from Mac's, I use the very short ratchet straps up front, I also cross my straps in the rear.

svt662

Established Member
You are so right! I purchased a complete set with just about everything you could ever need direct from Mac's and they are the Best! Enjoy your Shelby and Trailer... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread