Second trip out with the TVS!

mustang john

Established Member
Just got back from the track and running the TVS for the second time. No new best ET but I did manage a new best MPH and a new best sixty... Just couldn't put them together lol.

Best pass was a 10.34 @ 137.2 with a 1.49 sixty. DA was good right at sea level and it was cold, about 40*.

Oh and I did manage a 1.43 and 1.44 sixty also!! :eek:

My driving is so rusty only hitting the track every couple of months these days but the performance of the car makes me look pretty good. :coolman:

I have a 3.0 upper to replace my current 3.2 upper 4# setup and I plan on upgrading the MAF and intake since its all still stock crap with a MAFia stuck to it, maybe that will give me alittle more push closer to 9.9999! lol

On a sorta sad side note my heater core decided to let go as I pulled in the driveway tonight. :bash:

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
Race weight last night was 3630. Im still shifting gears with my T56 and Ram HD clutch with a billet steel flywheel and it has a built SRA with 4.10 gears. The 4.10s are too much gear and i will be going with some 3.73s soon. Suspension is a UPR K member up front with 14x175 springs, MM extreme duty LCAs and Baseline UCAs with a Baseline track locator bar out back. 28x10.5 ET Drag stiff walls on 15x9 Weld Draglites and 15x3.5 Draglites up front. Notable weight reduction is a Teksid block, k member, ABS delete, rear seat delete, Corbeau seats. 8pt S&W mild steel roll bar with a custom rear shock tower brace and kicker bars thru the floor tied into the MM FLSFC. Oh and all runs are speedshifted not powershifted, i suck at powershifting lol!

It has a TON of body roll on the launch, left front comes off the ground easily a foot or more and right front barely gets air, I already have a UPR ARB that will be going on soon. I figure if i can sixty 1.43 with crazy body roll it should sixty in the high 1.3x range with a good straight launch!

My sig pic is with the ported Eaton, so add a 100+ more rwtq to that launch and you get the idea! lol

Last edited:

black-plasma

Established Member
That mph has a 9 all over it. You just need to get your suspension dialed in, I bet the arb makes a big difference. I got a 1.44 60' with road race suspension and IRS so a high 1.3 shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty impressed with the TVS.

mustang john

Established Member
That mph has a 9 all over it. You just need to get your suspension dialed in, I bet the arb makes a big difference. I got a 1.44 60' with road race suspension and IRS so a high 1.3 shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty impressed with the TVS.

I agree except its the driver that needs more dialing in than the suspension! lol

black-plasma

Established Member
What tire are you on? I just dump the clutch around 3-3500rpm on 28" slicks. If I try a higher rpm it just spins since I don't get any weight transfer.

mustang john

Established Member
There is an easy tenth maybe two just in me getting some seat time. I dont see any reason why the car couldnt go high 10.ohs just the way it sits, my driving is the biggest limiting factor right now.

Users who are viewing this thread