Second Time Around

barstoolman

Established Member
Well, had the original TSB done back when my '08 had around 2,500 miles. Last weekend, while driving, my tranny stated slipping along with the rear end shaking like really bad wheel hop when accelerating rapidly. Anyway, took it in to my dealer to take a look at it and guess what..........the flywheel was warped. The tech said it was the worst he's seen. So, they ordered up the parts again and we start at square one. The good news is, it should be done on Monday. BTW, while talking to the my service rep, tech and the head mechanic at this dealership, one of the nation's largest, they all told me that I am not the first one to have the problem with the flywheel even after the TSB has been done. True, it is more likely that this was just a bad/defective one, even though it got by for 10,000 miles, just the same, not uncommon for this to happen even with the new flywheel.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Well, had the original TSB done back when my '08 had around 2,500 miles. Last weekend, while driving, my tranny stated slipping along with the rear end shaking like really bad wheel hop when accelerating rapidly. Anyway, took it in to my dealer to take a look at it and guess what..........the flywheel was warped. The tech said it was the worst he's seen. So, they ordered up the parts again and we start at square one. The good news is, it should be done on Monday. BTW, while talking to the my service rep, tech and the head mechanic at this dealership, one of the nation's largest, they all told me that I am not the first one to have the problem with the flywheel even after the TSB has been done. True, it is more likely that this was just a bad/defective one, even though it got by for 10,000 miles, just the same, not uncommon for this to happen even with the new flywheel.

You are not alone

I had the TSB done a couple weeks ago, drove home and that very night my tranny locked up. Got it back to the dealer and they I guess just replaced the clutch, and while my car is driveable now, it drives much much worse than pre TSB.

I hate the way it drives with the new parts, absolutely hoffific.

Chatter is much worse, I hear many more clunks and squeaks that I never heard before and grinds occasionally going into 2nd and tough to get into gear some times, (random which gear as well)

I called Ford and made a formal complaint and I want something done but the problem is, that until it breaks again (locks or falls apart or whatever) I think I am stick with this POS

I am a believer now that one should never mess with the factory parts and install unless you absolutely have to.

Basically, I can tell that my car had open heart surgery if that makes sense. There were no funny noises before the TSB and like I said now I just hear more random shit but I cant pin point what or where from so they just say normal and blame it on something else, basically they wont do shit to fix it because in there eyes it is normal even though I know its not because I only noticed any of this after the TSB

Go to hell TSB and Ford

I beg those that have not had the TSB done that may be thinking of doing it for preventative measures, do not!

I had some issues but like I said, never this bad as post TSB

barstoolman

Established Member
You are not alone

I had the TSB done a couple weeks ago, drove home and that very night my tranny locked up. Got it back to the dealer and they I guess just replaced the clutch, and while my car is driveable now, it drives much much worse than pre TSB.

I hate the way it drives with the new parts, absolutely hoffific.

Chatter is much worse, I hear many more clunks and squeaks that I never heard before and grinds occasionally going into 2nd and tough to get into gear some times, (random which gear as well)

I called Ford and made a formal complaint and I want something done but the problem is, that until it breaks again (locks or falls apart or whatever) I think I am stick with this POS

I am a believer now that one should never mess with the factory parts and install unless you absolutely have to.

Basically, I can tell that my car had open heart surgery if that makes sense. There were no funny noises before the TSB and like I said now I just hear more random shit but I cant pin point what or where from so they just say normal and blame it on something else, basically they wont do shit to fix it because in there eyes it is normal even though I know its not because I only noticed any of this after the TSB

Go to hell TSB and Ford

I beg those that have not had the TSB done that may be thinking of doing it for preventative measures, do not!

I had some issues but like I said, never this bad as post TSB

Well originally, when I had the repairs done the first time, my car displayed all the symptoms described in the TSB. Everything was replaced and my car ran better.........ran great until the tranny started slipping last weekend. Not the same symptom at all as I had originally experienced. After I took the tech for the ride, he told my service advisor to order all the parts again and sure enough, when they took it apart, the worst warped flywheel they have seen so far. Just hoping that after the repair, the car will ride as it is suppose to.

As far as your situation, I feel bad for you man. I guess as the old saying goes.........."if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Users who are viewing this thread