Second Time Around At The Track In My 2014 GT

Solo302

Established Member
So I finally got the car out to a second T&t. Ran a new personal best of 12.25 at 118.7 Mph. The car has intake/canned tune/cat deletes/muffler deletes, makes 390 SAE (dynojet) 3730 Pounds w/driver, 3.73 gear and is on 28 inch Michelin Super Sport tires with SR LCA's. I think theres more in it especially with a negative DA. Only thing im worried about is hitting the limiter in 4th with any more MPH. DA for the day was +300 ft, also believe better shifting and cooler weather i might be able to achieve a 12.0x slip? Felt like i bogged a little initially off the line too.

Slip break down:

60... 1.850
1/8... 8.010 @ 90.89
1/4... 12.251 @ 118.79

Video of run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS5jw1g0S9Y

Last edited:

Solo302

Established Member
Very nice, u guess bama tunes do just fine. I hear mixed reviews.

Yeah, there are mixed reviews on the Bama tunes. My 93r tune ended up being decent, Bama does not play with the VCT and leaves it on whatever the factory cam angles are, so there is definitely power left on the table. Also I'm not sure I trust the timing curve 100%. But throttle response is a night and day difference between the stock tune and the 93r tune. My tune has never acted up on me either, always pretty smooth and drivable. I do plan on getting a dyno tune but want to add a few more parts first. All in all it's an okay tune for the money.

Last edited:

Solo302

Established Member
Can that vp103 be used with most 93 octane tune?

I mix in VP-103 unleaded race gas because I do not trust Bama's timing curve lol. AFR's stay the same, I've done power pulls at the local dyno to check the mixture. Basically I only use the 103 fuel as a safety barrier.

Users who are viewing this thread