second thoughts on build

97svtman

Established Member
I have been collecting parts for c-swap. In the spring when i have the rest of the parts I was going to take the stock engine out for the build and put a built 5.0 stroker motor with around 10.5-11.1 compression, will be using my 97 cams with 03 heads and a wet shot. I already have bbk longtubes just not installed. Curious on hp and tq numbers that I should see. I was starting to rethink the stroker.

97svtman

Established Member
should i stay with the current plan or look into staying with the stock stroke ive heard good results with full boltons high compression 5.0 stroker, c-swap and 97 cams. any thoughts on what numbers i would see with the current plan.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Get the stroker. With a C head swap, stroker and stock cams (and all the bolt ons) the power should be in the 360/360 range...if the cams are installed at the optimum lobe centers.

97svtman

Established Member
is that 360 hp and 390 tq or 360-390 hp. if its 360hp is there a route i can take to make it too or close to 400hp on motor. if not it will be fine but id like it. I was planning on putting some nitrous to go with it.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
is that 360 hp and 390 tq or 360-390 hp. if its 360hp is there a route i can take to make it too or close to 400hp on motor. if not it will be fine but id like it. I was planning on putting some nitrous to go with it.

360rwhp/360rwtq with stock cams and 10:1 compression. Add a point of compression and custom cams and the power could easily be in the 390rwhp/375rwtq.

Last edited:

97svtman

Established Member
that sounds like a deal then I might just stay with the stroker then im going c swap anyways, once i get enough parts ill start a build thread. is a 3'' exhaust worth doing with that setup or not worth it because i already have a catback. i was told to run a 255 walboro intank then an external one with 60# injectors any suggestions on that all help is greatly appreciated.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
why do you need/want 60lb injectors?

3" exhaust is overkill; not needed until you reach the 4 digit power level.

97svtman

Established Member
I wasnt sure I def want be a 4 digits and so do you think 42's will be enough.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I kno he will chime in but, I cant remember the guys name but a guy on here with a 96-98 cobra black has or had 03 cobra heads,ported intake, comp cams and bolt ons and I belive he made 380+rwhp n/a on his cobra with the stock 4.6 4 valve

97svtman

Established Member
i want to make as close to 400 on motor, then top it off with nitrous a 125-150 shot. total hp goal with nitrous is around 500rwh with similar tq. not sure as to what fuel system to use.
chris scott is the guy your referring to that made 380 with the c swap boltons and cams. he did a good job and definately knows what hes doing.
Its never going to see 4 digit numbers. my main question is what fuel system to use and should i stay with my stroker motor or build a 4.6 and do an eaton swap.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
i want to make as close to 400 on motor, then top it off with nitrous a 125-150 shot. total hp goal with nitrous is around 500rwh with similar tq. my main question is what fuel system to use and should i stay with my stroker motor or build a 4.6 and do an eaton swap.

The the stock lines will support a lot of power, no need to replace them. Just add a new pump.

I kno he will chime in but, I cant remember the guys name but a guy on here with a 96-98 cobra black has or had 03 cobra heads,ported intake, comp cams and bolt ons and I belive he made 380+rwhp n/a on his cobra with the stock 4.6 4 valve

Chris made 380rwhp with stock 3.27 gears and STD factoring, both of which inflate the dyno numbers. His combo was nothing special, in fact it was the first time he had a mod motor apart which shows that it's not as hard as everyone makes it out to be.

Users who are viewing this thread