Second man-made object leaves the solar system, enters interstellar space

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
I love keeping track of both Voyager probes. Before my kids, I was all for going into space without the promise of return lol.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is so amazing. "Voyager 2 now is slightly more than 11 billion miles (18 billion kilometers) from Earth." 11 billion miles from Earth!!! I can't wrap my brain around that. Wow.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
That is so amazing. "Voyager 2 now is slightly more than 11 billion miles (18 billion kilometers) from Earth." 11 billion miles from Earth!!! I can't wrap my brain around that. Wow.

The one that really got me was that it would take 16+ hours for a light on Earth to be seen from Voyager 2.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
And over a 100 billion galaxies. Makes life less a surprise when you look at it from that perspective.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Alright alright alright

You know what I like about them intersteller probes man? As I get older, they stay the same age

CV355

_
Established Member

Even crazier, there is a black hole in a nearby galaxy (relatively speaking) where the event horizon is larger than the radius between us and Voyager 2. Imagine a single object that massive. 7 times the diameter of the solar system. The average density is estimated to be close to that of water.

Even crazier? That massive thing is still just a speck of dust compared to the size of an average galaxy.

Even crazier? Those galaxies are specks of dust compared to the local supercluster

I could go on and on. tl;dr the universe is the biggest yo-mamma joke ever.

Users who are viewing this thread