SEC is the best, Clemson, USC, and OSU suck

shb5007

Established Member
I'm not a fair weather fan who allows their enjoyment to interfere with reality. I'm a realistic fan. This was the team so many thought was Alabama caliber until they pathetically blew a huge lead in Columbus and the following week played as if their skin was melting due to the rain and cold.

A Heisman trophy candidate running back does not get held for zero or negative yards a half for five or six games. McS can throw for five hundred yards a game but it means squat when you kill drives with terribly passed balls resulting in interceptions or plain ole incompletions. Clutch is importante.

Edit: Stinking up the joint already and it's only the first qtr. Do you honestly believe this team deserved to be ranked number two at one point?

Point proven. The exact mold of a negative Penn State "fan". I literally don't even know where to start with your post. It is borderline "trollism", but I guess you consider that "realism".

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It is getting tougher and tougher to watch Michigan football. They have to come up with better offensive schemes. Hope Peters is okay.

Tell me about it. The offense stinks. What a waste of a great defense. When the offense finally does get their shit together the refs love to come in and take a giant dump on them too. When it rains it pours.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Point proven. The exact mold of a negative Penn State "fan". I literally don't even know where to start with your post. It is borderline "trollism", but I guess you consider that "realism".

Try. Rather than being one of those apologist PSU fans, lets talk about what I mentioned. Rather than running away and pretending what I said isn't true, address them. Show me I am in the wrong. It's easier to quit a discussion than refuting what another said, right?

Was I watching different Iowa and Michigan State games than you? Was I watching different games when Barkley (a great player to be sure) was held in check? Was I watching different...ahh it doesn't matter because you'll make excuses.

I'll ask one last time: Did PSU deserve the number two ranking they had a few weeks ago? Yes or No.

shb5007

Established Member
Try. Rather than being one of those apologist PSU fans, lets talk about what I mentioned. Rather than running away and pretending what I said isn't true, address them. Show me I am in the wrong. It's easier to quit a discussion than refuting what another said, right?

Apologist fan? Clearly you have no idea about my relationship with the PSU athletic program or the details of my sources within the football staff.

Was I watching different Iowa and Michigan State games than you? Was I watching different games when Barkley (a great player to be sure) was held in check? Was I watching different...ahh it doesn't matter because you'll make excuses.

I am sure we watched the same games, but I am not sure you understand the sport of football, especially college football. Penn State beat Iowa, yes, the same Iowa team which stomped Ohio State. In that game, our QB was clutch (even though you said he isn't) in a final minute touchdown drive down the field in Kinnick. This was all in one of the toughest atmospheres in the B1G (again, ask Ohio State, or even 2016 Michigan).

EDIT: Barkley rushed for 211 yards against Iowa. He also had 94 receiving yards. I guess that is held in check to you?

The Michigan State game was a complete 6+ hour debacle. Everyone knows that. Clearly (and unfortunately) Penn State was not ready for a 3+ hour storm delay, and it impacted the team (on multiple levels). However, the larger issues (which have been season-long issues, but increased) were with injuries to Bates and Buchholz. Everyone on Earth knows that while Penn State has extremely talented skill players, the weakness lies withing the play of both lines. Michigan State took advantage of that. Does that make them a better team than Penn State today? No way in hell.

I'll ask one last time: Did PSU deserve the number two ranking they had a few weeks ago? Yes or No.

They deserved it just as much as Georgia ever did being ranked ahead of Alabama? I mean, the point is, who cares? What kind of question this is? Do I think Penn State is a top 10 program? Absolutely. Do I think Penn State is on the rise? Absolutely. Am I still amazed at what Coach Franklin has achieved in the past 3 years given what the program has been through in the past 6 years? Absolutely.

Look at Florida, Tennessee, UCLA, Nebraska, Florida State, or even Michigan (sorry Sinister). Penn State is fine, and the constant negativity (or "realism" as you put it), is not only annoying, but aphotic.

Penn State is 20-5 in the past 2 seasons. The last 3 of those losses are from a combined 7 points. They are on track for a second straight 10 win season and another NY6 bowl appearance (hopefully against Notre Dame).

Penn State's current roster features one of the best quarterbacks, running backs, tight ends, receivers, and safetys to every put on a Nittany Lion jersey.

How about you enjoy that, and stop...whining?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
a2bfa5966e24fd30c1184a464ebd9a05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Apologist fan? Clearly you have no idea about my relationship with the PSU athletic program or the details of my sources within the football staff.

While I am not privy to the most intimate of details, I think I have seen you expound enough to satisfy why you feel the need to prop them up.

I am sure we watched the same games, but I am not sure you understand the sport of football, especially college football. Penn State beat Iowa, yes, the same Iowa team which stomped Ohio State. In that game, our QB was clutch (even though you said he isn't) in a final minute touchdown drive down the field in Kinnick. This was all in one of the toughest atmospheres in the B1G (again, ask Ohio State, or even 2016 Michigan).

EDIT: Barkley rushed for 211 yards against Iowa. He also had 94 receiving yards. I guess that is held in check to you?

No one, including myself, could ever say the guy isn't a great player but looking back at a few games his rushing/receiving yards were very poor for (at the time) a potential Heisman Trophy winner. Indiana, Northwestern, OSU, Rutgers, etc.., were not what I'd call good performances. I know I know. He's also been on special teams for returns. McS? Hell, the guy can throw but he also knows how to get sacked and toss an INT. Sure he's ONLY tossed eight but by god he's lucky it's only eight.

The Michigan State game was a complete 6+ hour debacle. Everyone knows that. Clearly (and unfortunately) Penn State was not ready for a 3+ hour storm delay, and it impacted the team (on multiple levels). However, the larger issues (which have been season-long issues, but increased) were with injuries to Bates and Buchholz. Everyone on Earth knows that while Penn State has extremely talented skill players, the weakness lies withing the play of both lines. Michigan State took advantage of that. Does that make them a better team than Penn State today? No way in hell.

Whatever the case may be, MS was prepared for the weather and everything that came with it. PSU was off.

They deserved it just as much as Georgia ever did being ranked ahead of Alabama? I mean, the point is, who cares? What kind of question this is? Do I think Penn State is a top 10 program? Absolutely. Do I think Penn State is on the rise? Absolutely. Am I still amazed at what Coach Franklin has achieved in the past 3 years given what the program has been through in the past 6 years? Absolutely.

Georgia is not germane to our dialogue. PSU is absolutely a top ten program and one that could very well upset anyone. Ranking aside they are and have always been one of a few teams in D1 that could turn the lights off on anyone on any given day. Were they a number two caliber team though? No. Franklin is exactly what the Lions needed and by god he has done wonders. Not many would argue against him. It's too bad he couldn't have been in place a few years back when someone thought hiring O'brien was a good idea. Jesus Christ.

Look at Florida, Tennessee, UCLA, Nebraska, Florida State, or even Michigan (sorry Sinister). Penn State is fine, and the constant negativity (or "realism" as you put it), is not only annoying, but aphotic.

Penn State is 20-5 in the past 2 seasons. The last 3 of those losses are from a combined 7 points. They are on track for a second straight 10 win season and another NY6 bowl appearance (hopefully against Notre Dame).

Penn State's current roster features one of the best quarterbacks, running backs, tight ends, receivers, and safetys to every put on a Nittany Lion jersey.

How about you enjoy that, and stop...whining?

Out in these parts we can be life long PSU fans while still addressing the elephant(s) in the room. That's not a faux pas.

This year's loss at OSU along with the one at State were both worse than what Michigan did to PSU last year. Why? One game was a complete break down and the other was a forth quarter meltdown. Neither should have occurred. Getting your butt kicked is straight away better than heart breakers IMO.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Tell me about it. The offense stinks. What a waste of a great defense. When the offense finally does get their shit together the refs love to come in and take a giant dump on them too. When it rains it pours.

Well, it's that week....I'd like to see a good game, but have to hope that OSU drops 50 on your boys to try and sneak into the playoff. They need a mirace to get in, but it could still happen.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Well, it's that week....I'd like to see a good game, but have to hope that OSU drops 50 on your boys to try and sneak into the playoff. They need a mirace to get in, but it could still happen.

At this point the B1G Championship Game vs. Wisconsin and the slim chance of making the playoffs do not matter. NOTHING matters except The Game. Gotta go into AA and get a W. We just gotta get it done. We've won 14 out of 16, and I'm getting greedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BUCKS!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

At this point the B1G Championship Game vs. Wisconsin and the slim chance of making the playoffs do not matter. NOTHING matters except The Game. Gotta go into AA and get a W. We just gotta get it done. We've won 14 out of 16, and I'm getting greedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BUCKS!

Going into this season I felt good about The Game especially being in AA. Now with our QB situation the way it is, not so good.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Going into this season I felt good about The Game especially being in AA. Now with our QB situation the way it is, not so good.

I'm perplexed...what is the issue up north in your opinion? They have a stout defense but an absolutely putrid offense, and the QB position is about as big of a mess as the Cleveland Browns (if you can even fathom that). Last year they were a legit contender with a senior-laden team of Hoke's recruits, now they are young Harbaugh recruits. What gives in AA?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I'm perplexed...what is the issue up north in your opinion? They have a stout defense but an absolutely putrid offense, and the QB position is about as big of a mess as the Cleveland Browns (if you can even fathom that). Last year they were a legit contender with a senior-laden team of Hoke's recruits, now they are young Harbaugh recruits. What gives in AA?

There are several issues. Hoke could recruit the hell out of the DL, but he had some important misses on offense and that's showing up in a bad way now. The key to the entire offense is the OL and they aren't where they need to be. Hopefully as these newer recruits get older and more experienced that will level off. The other thing is Jedd Fisch. He came in with Harbaugh as his QB and WR coach and "passing game coordinator." He left after last year and his replacement hasn't done worth a crap. He needs to simplify the offense and play to what strengths they do have and it hasn't happened. Hopefully it all gets straightened out by Saturday? LOL. :(

tt54l32v

Established Member
There is no telling who gets the 4th spot if Bama and OU and Osu win out. Not sure the acc matters all that much. As either loser has a case and the winner is most def in. How much of a case does osu have over usc if both are c.c. and usc beats wsu in a rematch? Nd and wsu are more forgivable losses than 31 at Iowa. Craziness is about to occur and people are bitching about only 4 teams. This shit is great and should just be left alone.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
There is no telling who gets the 4th spot if Bama and OU and Osu win out. Not sure the acc matters all that much. As either loser has a case and the winner is most def in. How much of a case does osu have over usc if both are c.c. and usc beats wsu in a rematch? Nd and wsu are more forgivable losses than 31 at Iowa. Craziness is about to occur and people are bitching about only 4 teams. This shit is great and should just be left alone.

In your scenario I think OSU gets in due to wins over no less than two top 10 teams (PSU and Wisconsin).

However, I’m just excited about the fact that the top 7 teams control their own destiny...win and you are in. I don’t think I have ever seen so many teams just needing to win out to get in.

1. Bama: win out and you’re in.
2. Clemson: win out and you are in.
3. Miami: win out and you are in.
4. OU: win out and you are in.
5. Wisconsin: Win our and you are in because either Clemson or Miami is guaranteed to lose and you will be an undefeated Power 5 Conference champ.
6. Auburn: win out and you are in because Miami or Clemson is guaranteed to lose and by winning out you are beating UGA and Bama back-to-back to end the season to win the SEC.
7. UGA: win out and you are in because you just beat the Bama/Auburn survivor to win the SEC.

Wow!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

beau t

Established Member
However, I’m just excited about the fact that the top 7 teams control their own destiny...win and you are in. I don’t think I have ever seen so many teams just needing to win out to get in.

I agree with this statement-- but would love to see the championship go out to at least 8 teams, this has nothing to do with the way the championship is determined just love college football and would like for it to continue a little longer! thats my 2 cents lol

Users who are viewing this thread