SEC is the best, Clemson, USC, and OSU suck

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Pretty sure it will come out that the woman is Bat shit absolutely nuts. Zero defense for domestic violence, but there are rumors floating around that this woman would randomly show up to practices drunk, threatening people, called 911 over 60 times in 3 months, got 3 dui’s and was let off each time, claiming she was running from her husband—who was coaching football at the exact time. Who knows, lots of crazy info. He could be gone, or could be suspended for 3-4 games.

Either way, the team will still be fine

Those pictures sure didn't help though. Dated correctly and all, showing her looking like one big strawberry.

Thing is, the husband has had history of getting away with it.

My vote, they both are crazy and like it rough.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Urban has penned a letter stating that he:

1. Took all proper steps to report the situation in 2015

2. Mishandled the question about the 2015 incident at B1G media day last week because he was unprepared and didn't want to discuss a personnel matter

Apparently, the Powell, Ohio police reported the incident to OSU and the AD knew. Meyer did nothing wrong other than try to keep a private matter private from the media. Maybe I'm naive because I'm a Buckeye fan, but seems that is the story now.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I'm with Kirk. She is BATSHIT crazy. It appears that Zach isnt exactly stable either. If he did hit her, then **** him. Urban didn't hide anything. The police looked into it and nothing came of it. Not saying that Zach didn't hit her, but it's funny that as soon as his ex wife lost her income, which is solely from support payments, she wanted to do an interview for a large amount of money. Hmmm....

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Urban has penned a letter stating that he:

1. Took all proper steps to report the situation in 2015

2. Mishandled the question about the 2015 incident at B1G media day last week because he was unprepared and didn't want to discuss a personnel matter

Apparently, the Powell, Ohio police reported the incident to OSU and the AD knew. Meyer did nothing wrong other than try to keep a private matter private from the media. Maybe I'm naive because I'm a Buckeye fan, but seems that is the story now.

Riiiiiight. So he "mishandled" the question when he blatantly said he never knew about it and asked why anyone would make up a story like that. But now he not only knew but reported it. So since he knew why didn't he fire him then? Why wait until the public finds out about it and then fire him? He lied at Big10 media days hoping there'd be no evidence so he could deny it all, but there is so now he's backtracking. Scumbag.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Riiiiiight. So he "mishandled" the question when he blatantly said he never knew about it and asked why anyone would make up a story like that. But now he not only knew but reported it. So since he knew why didn't he fire him then? Why wait until the public finds out about it and then fire him? He lied at Big10 media days hoping there'd be no evidence so he could deny it all, but there is so now he's backtracking. Scumbag.

Don't be a baby about it. If he reported it and/or if the AD and University were aware, he did what he was supposed to do. Don't be ridiculous just because you don't like the guy.

As for his lie at the media day, he shouldn't have responded in that way. Is that an offense to get you fired? Apparently you think so. Or do you think so because you hate OSU and you know the ass kicking is coming again this November?

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member

Because he is loyal to the ones grandpa that got him started in his coaching career.

OSU is between a rock and a hard place if they keep Urban Legend Myers then they basically are giving the middle finger to all women and say their Football program is more important. And they actually condone domestic violence.

But if they do release him then said program would probably take 2 years to recover as who ever comes in will surely change everything to their program and style.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I just think it is funny how haters think there is a conspiracy to keep Meyer and exonerate him while OSU fans think there is a conspiracy and witch hunt to get rid of him.

LOL

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
At what point is it the job of a football coach to intervene between two married adults once the local police and athletic directors/university are well aware of the situation?

Is it his job to beat Zach to avenge the wife? Or to activate some sort of domestic violence “bat signal” to the ncaa? ****ing Christ. Maybe he should have fired him quicker than he did, but once he reportes the violent incident to his boss (the ad) and the fact that the police were involved multiple, multiple times, then Im not sure what else He could do.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
At what point is it the job of a football coach to intervene between two married adults once the local police and athletic directors/university are well aware of the situation?

Is it his job to beat Zach to avenge the wife? Or to activate some sort of domestic violence “bat signal” to the ncaa? ****ing Christ. Maybe he should have fired him quicker than he did, but once he reportes the violent incident to his boss (the ad) and the fact that the police were involved multiple, multiple times, then Im not sure what else He could do.

That's not enough. The media, this Brett McMurphy guy that "broke" the story, and the haters are now moving the goal posts. They wanted to nail Meyer for not following procedure and harboring an abuser. Now that it seems that Meyer followed protocol (we will see if that is true by the way), they are saying he lied to the media. Oh, some shitbag on ESPN also questioned what protocol he followed. WTF?!?!!? LOL

I also love that after the accused abuser did an interview, Brett McMurphy pulls out more screenshot texts to between the wife and accused abuser. So let me get this straight...lying to the media is bad, but using a potential domestic violence victim as a tool to launch your career by only telling part of the story then coming out with more information later on when the time is right is ok? Sounds like good ol' Brett isn't seeking truth and justice, he's looking to make a name for himself.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Don't be a baby about it. If he reported it and/or if the AD and University were aware, he did what he was supposed to do. Don't be ridiculous just because you don't like the guy.

As for his lie at the media day, he shouldn't have responded in that way. Is that an offense to get you fired? Apparently you think so. Or do you think so because you hate OSU and you know the ass kicking is coming again this November?

I'm not being a baby I'm calling a spade a spade. He covered for the guy because he's the grandson of his mentor. Were you a JoePa apologist too? I bet not.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I'm not being a baby I'm calling a spade a spade. He covered for the guy because he's the grandson of his mentor. Were you a JoePa apologist too? I bet not.

Pretty convenient. So if it comes out that Meyer reported it and/or was aware that upper administration was informed and he didn’t have any further responsibility, will you eat your crow boiled, grilled, or raw? My point is, it sounds like he didn’t cover for anyone, so not sure where you are getting that from.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Pretty convenient. So if it comes out that Meyer reported it and/or was aware that upper administration was informed and he didn’t have any further responsibility, will you eat your crow boiled, grilled, or raw? My point is, it sounds like he didn’t cover for anyone, so not sure where you are getting that from.

And again why did Urban keep this real tough guy around and the only reason he (Smith) is no longer there is because the university themselves fired him July 24th 2018!. This happened in 2009 and again in 2015 so if Urban wanted to do the right thing then Smith should of had his walking papers in 2016 at the latest but that isn't how Urban Legend operates he is so loyal to his friends and associates and would never do anything to upset his slanted football empire. Again seems like if he knew about this like he said then why didn't he himself fire Smith instead it looks like he was covering for his mentors grandson.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Is there proof he reported it? Even so, why did he keep him around? JoePa "reported" it too. Bottom line is Urban knew what the guy did and kept him on his staff. Real stand up guy.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I'd like to respond, but instead I will remove myself from the conversation. It's not worth it.

shb5007

Established Member
At best.
1.) Meyer is a liar.
2.) Meyers' wife should have done more.
3.) Meyer kept an alleged (multiple time) wife beater on his staff for over 8 years.
4.) Ohio State University made some mistakes.

Let's wait for the facts.

McMurphy likely has much more.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
At best.
1.) Meyer is a liar.
2.) Meyers' wife should have done more.
3.) Meyer kept an alleged (multiple time) wife beater on his staff for over 8 years.
4.) Ohio State University made some mistakes.

Let's wait for the facts.

McMurphy likely has much more.

Yes, let's wait for the facts. I like that idea.

I said last week that I would take winning 75% of our games and not deal with any drama rather than have these coaches who have drama around them but win 83% (Tressel) and 90% (Meyer) of the time. However, as OSU fans we cannot wish those situations away. The reality is, we have Meyer now and I'm going to stick with him. Is he a shit bag? Possibly. Any more of a shit bag than James Franklin? Possibly, but as you know, Franklin admitted he lied about seeing the rape case video in 2014. If Meyer is a liar, he's joining about 128 other FBS coaches. That doesn't make it right, but that's the reality of things in sports nowadays (sadly). For the record, I stopped watching ESPN, CNN, FoxNews, and MSNBC years ago. The media disgusts me. Your suggestion to wait for the facts seems to be lost on media and society today (sadly). T

IDK, seems like those who hate Meyer and OSU think the worst, and those who are OSU fans or fans of due process want to give people the benefit of the doubt until the facts come out. One thing is for certain, McMurphy cannot be trusted.

Ok, that's all I'm going to say about it. I'm looking forward to the B1G East this year. Too bad Scott from MSU got injured today...dude is a stud.

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Just because she said she was going to get him doesn't mean she made anything up. Could be she decided not to keep it private any more.

Either way that is one ****ed up family.

Amen to that!

So *ichigan's opener vs. Notre Dame...excited to see it. Actually think the skunk weasels will get it done. Defense is gonna be stout.

Users who are viewing this thread