SEC is the best, Clemson, USC, and OSU suck

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
We all can agree Kentucky got ****ed. NCAA should look into that refs motive. And lol at a&m's lack if defense. Arkansas enjoy chief. Clearly lsu's talent and not his coaching ability

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I hate to admit this, maybe its my old age or something, but if the skunk weasels win I wouldn't be upset. I'm not saying I'm rooting for them, but if they win I wouldn't cry in my beer. :)

Seeing the Big10 go undefeated while taking out another SEC team to do it does have a nice ring to it.

shb5007

Established Member
No nerve struck, you came on here and in a random statement said you were better than OSU. No one provoked that, and we beat you this year so STFU. LJ can’t get into a stance? Maybe, but did you see his d line in the cotton and his recruiting effort? Since when does the coach need to get in a stance? Tool.

In 2016 and 2017, yes, I believe Penn State has been the better team.

Ohio State
Total points in last 4 losses: 80 points (average of 20 per game)
Total losses in last 2 years: 4
Conference Championships in last 2 years: 1
NY6 bowl wins in the last 2 years: 1
2018 recruiting rank: 2

Penn State
Total points in last 5 losses: 49 (average of 9.8 per game)
Total losses in last 2 years: 5
2018 recruiting rank: 5

As for the age of LJ, I was speaking in regards to his current situation. Of course I respect what he has done in college football, everyone would. However, he is very close to the end of his career. And there have been multiple reports that his age has become a factor in several recruitment's. I am not trying to ruin the moment for a kid, but it is going to occur again very soon. Just wait.

Yes, better in every way. More Nattys, heismans, better win %, more wins, more conference titles, more all Americans, more more more. Oh, and we own the series lead. So yes, better in every way and we beat you and won the B1G this year.

No debate here, never said there was. I spoke about the recent history, as well as the future. Penn State is there (if not better) and isn't going anywhere.

Did you see our D in the Cotton? Made that all-world QB that ate you alive last year QUIT. That’s right. Did you see the end of the game? USC stopped trying against our defense. They gave up.

Also, this “dominating” win over USC you keep talking about, is that the same game where you had only 13 first downs? And USC had 23? The same game you had 277 yards of offense to their 413? Over 400 yards of offense allowed, and you are bragging about defense? Darnold had 356 yards passing against Ohio State, his 3rd highest output of the entire season.

Not to mention the (2017) Ohio State defense gave up 490 yards to Oklahoma at home this year. That isn't so bad, right? I mean, its a CFP team with a Heisman winning QB. But, what about the 487 yards given up to Iowa? I am guessing LJ being past his prime had nothing to do with giving up 243 rushing yards to Iowa (Penn State gave up 82)?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
In 2016 and 2017, yes, I believe Penn State has been the better team.

Ohio State
Total points in last 4 losses: 80 points (average of 20 per game)
Total losses in last 2 years: 4
2018 recruiting rank: 2

Penn State
Total points in last 5 losses: 49 (average of 9.8 per game)
Total losses in last 2 years: 5
2018 recruiting rank: 5

As for the age of LJ, I was speaking in regards to his current situation. Of course I respect what he has done in college football, everyone would. However, he is very close to the end of his career. And there have been multiple reports that his age has become a factor in several recruitment's. I am not trying to ruin the moment for a kid, but it is going to occur again very soon. Just wait.

No debate here, never said there was. I spoke about the recent history, as well as the future. Penn State is there (if not better) and isn't going anywhere.

Also, this “dominating” win over USC you keep talking about, is that the same game where you had only 13 first downs? And USC had 23? The same game you had 277 yards of offense to their 413? Over 400 yards of offense allowed, and you are bragging about defense? Darnold had 356 yards passing against Ohio State, his 3rd highest output of the entire season.

Not to mention the (2017) Ohio State defense gave up 490 yards to Oklahoma at home this year. That isn't so bad, right? I mean, its a CFP team with a Heisman winning QB. But, what about the 487 yards given up to Iowa? I am guessing LJ being past his prime had nothing to do with giving up 243 rushing yards to Iowa (Penn State gave up 82)?

I never said PSU wasn’t a good squad or that they aren’t recruiting well. When someone throws out random pissy thoughts about beating us on a neutral field it deserves a response. All I’m saying is we are the class of the conference. Didn’t say we can’t or won’t be challenged, but we are the Kings right now. And don’t cherry pick stats. In he playoff era we have made two appearances, won a natty, won the sugar, fiesta and cotton. That resume is pretty good, no? Give credit where credit is due.

As far as our offensive performance in the cotton, you call a different game when your D is eating the opponents lunch the way we were. No need to open it up when your D is scoring and devouring the opponent. Not sure why you would think we should have done that. Game was over when we got our first TO

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
What I want to know is how the miami head coach was not tossed from the game at the end of the first half. The way I saw it he mouthed off at which point the flag was tossed and then it appeared he grabbed the official after the flag.

shb5007

Established Member
I never said PSU wasn’t a good squad or that they aren’t recruiting well. When someone throws out random pissy thoughts about beating us on a neutral field it deserves a response. All I’m saying is we are the class of the conference. Didn’t say we can’t or won’t be challenged, but we are the Kings right now. And don’t cherry pick stats. In he playoff era we have made two appearances, won a natty, won the sugar, fiesta and cotton. That resume is pretty good, no? Give credit where credit is due.

Ohio State has set the bar for the B1G (and most collegiate programs), don't get me wrong. And that bar is high. That is what is so exciting, being around a program who is aspiring (and achieving) things on a level which is near the "King". Don't get me wrong, Ohio State was the much better team versus USC. They are the much better team / program in 95% of their games.

What I want to know is how the miami head coach was not tossed from the game at the end of the first half. The way I saw it he mouthed off at which point the flag was tossed and then it appeared he grabbed the official after the flag.

Some terrible missed calls in the past 2-3 games. The Kentucky kid, Richt contact with an official, and the non-targeting call on McSorley. Let's hope they get it right in the 3 games which matter the most.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The way I understand it is the QB is off limits once he slides and McS looked like he was sliding into home when a goon decided to move in for a tackle.

The Miami/Wisconsin game was one in which it is hard to ever root for Miami and they bring that upon themselves. The coach needs to maintain poise and he didn't and I wonder if he got away with his flagrant grab thanks to a hometown call, if you will. That turnover chain thing is the most retarded thing I have seen in college football. It was entertaining as Wisconsin kept poking fun at it and it was even more entertaining watching all the Hurricane fans rather silent after that huge turn around by the Badgers.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
The way I understand it is the QB is off limits once he slides and McS looked like he was sliding into home when a goon decided to move in for a tackle.

The Miami/Wisconsin game was one in which it is hard to ever root for Miami and they bring that upon themselves. The coach needs to maintain poise and he didn't and I wonder if he got away with his flagrant grab thanks to a hometown call, if you will. That turnover chain thing is the most retarded thing I have seen in college football. It was entertaining as Wisconsin kept poking fun at it and it was even more entertaining watching all the Hurricane fans rather silent after that huge turn around by the Badgers.

I was happy to see the Convicts and the stupid turn over chain loose. Why did there coach do that? I watched and all he said at the half was watch the tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Ohio State has set the bar for the B1G (and most collegiate programs), don't get me wrong. And that bar is high. That is what is so exciting, being around a program who is aspiring (and achieving) things on a level which is near the "King". Don't get me wrong, Ohio State was the much better team versus USC. They are the much better team / program in 95% of their games.

Some terrible missed calls in the past 2-3 games. The Kentucky kid, Richt contact with an official, and the non-targeting call on McSorley. Let's hope they get it right in the 3 games which matter the most.

No doubt PSU is on the upswing. I’ll give them credit. No worries.

I hope harbaugh stays at UM. He is good for the conference. Needs to win some games that matter though.

shb5007

Established Member
I was happy to see the Convicts and the stupid turn over chain loose. Why did there coach do that? I watched and all he said at the half was watch the tape.

I too think the chain is stupid. Their coach lost is. He apologized after the game for his language, but I haven't heard / seen an apology for the contact with an official. I am surprised the ACC has not commented (to my knowledge), but it obviously wasn't their crew. He had a legit gripe with some missed holds, but you can't make contact with an official, ever.

Negative!

I have no insight, but as you know, there are about to be a significant number of openings.

I hope harbaugh stays at UM. He is good for the conference. Needs to win some games that matter though.

I actually hope he stays as well.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
The turnover chain was annoying, and the commentator, steve levy, made it 20x worse. So annoying

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Before the game highlights were shown of the best memories of the Fiesta Bowl and for me the best was when Pete Giftopoulos absolutely destroyed the hearts of the players and coaches and fans of Miami on New Years '87. Even before the game and undoubtedly the season(s) including and before, the teams were comprised of thugs. Still today you'd swear the athletic dept raided the local prison much as it has appeared for the past 30 years.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Before the game highlights were shown of the best memories of the Fiesta Bowl and for me the best was when Pete Giftopoulos absolutely destroyed the hearts of the players and coaches and fans of Miami on New Years '87. Even before the game and undoubtedly the season(s) including and before, the teams were comprised of thugs. Still today you'd swear the athletic dept raided the local prison much as it has appeared for the past 30 years.

My dad used to say they raided the shrimp boats off the coast to get their players.

Users who are viewing this thread