Seat weight confusion

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
I"ve read 96-98 Cobra leather drivers seat weighs 46lbs, and the passenger seat 35lbs.

Is this just the seats? Or seats with mouting brackets/motors?

Now what about aftermarket seats such as the Hunsaker Synkros?
They advertise 25lbs each. Is that just the seat?

What do the manual brackets weigh? Eight pounds each? If that were the case replacing the factory sears with 25lb seats plus brackets the total weight savings would be about 15lbs.

Thoughts?

racebronco2

Established Member
I"ve read 96-98 Cobra leather drivers seat weighs 46lbs, and the passenger seat 35lbs.

Is this just the seats? Or seats with mouting brackets/motors?

Now what about aftermarket seats such as the Hunsaker Synkros?
They advertise 25lbs each. Is that just the seat?

What do the manual brackets weigh? Eight pounds each? If that were the case replacing the factory sears with 25lb seats plus brackets the total weight savings would be about 15lbs.

Thoughts?

To confuse the matter a little more the 04 cobra passenger weighs about 46lbs with seat tracks, the drivers with motors weighs about 68. The corbeau's i just bought weigh 26lbs plus 8 lbs for the seat brackets.
The factory brackets weigh about 8lbs each.

Last edited:

racer

Established Member
To confuse the matter a little more the 04 cobra passenger weighs about 46lbs with seat tracks, the drivers with motors weighs about 68. The corbeau's i just bought weigh 26lbs plus 8 lbs for the seat brackets.
The factory brackets weigh about 8lbs each.

Which Corbeau's did you buy Carlos.

racebronco2

Established Member
I bought the trs's. It is still a street car so i still need to put my tire in the car and with a fixed back seat there is no way i could get three tires behind the front seats. My harness bar is also removable. I still take the car on cruises and to vegas so i do care about comfort.

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
Thanks guys!

Another question:

Will a stock manual seat base bolt up to a Cobra seat? That would shed a little weight and give me back full range of motion because my seats motors are not working very well.

9746C

racebronco2

Established Member
Thanks guys!

Another question:

Will a stock manual seat base bolt up to a Cobra seat? That would shed a little weight and give me back full range of motion because my seats motors are not working very well.

9746C

I bolted up some fox track to my seats. Had to use a 1 inch spacer in front and weld a tab for the seat belts to mount to the tracks so they attach just like stock. The holes on the floor were even the same. It does save about 22lbs.

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
Hmm...

So will a 94-98 manual seat base bolt to a 96 cobra power seat?

If so thats what I'm doing!

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I weighed my seats when I pulled them last year and yes your numbers in the original post are pretty accurate. I replace them with Corbeaus which I think are either 21 or 25 pounds each but I can't remember. The brackets on the stock seats are part of the seat so you do add a bit more weight with the slider brackets which come with aftermarket seats.

Users who are viewing this thread