Sears sells Craftsman

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
sad day as I think this is the last nail in the coffin. Maybe Stanley will bring production back to the USA? who knows but Sears....is a dead man walking.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I think pittsburg (harbor freight) and Kobalt tools are going to end up filling the void for most who buy craftsman. They are fairly cheap and easy to purchase. Pittsburg has a lifetime warranty too I think.

Stanger00

Established Member
Dang.

I better make my way to the local Sears and catch the sales for craftsman tools. My Sears was spared....for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypnotik

Maybe since Stanley/Black and Decker tools are already sold at Walmart they can start selling Craftsman at Walmart? Just a thought. 24 hour availability and more access to the masses. As long as quality doesn't suffer.

coposrv

Established Member
I went through a true Sears hardware near me before they closed. Money for money harbor freight is very close to the imported craftsman. I picked up a few sets of USA made pry bars and left. Never to return.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
In my experience Craftsman has not been of the greatest quality...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Most of my hand tools are old USA made Craftsman stuff. I haven't bought anything from them since they started being made in China.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Nothing wrong with craftsman for the normal non mechanic that doesn't wrench on cars everyday. I own some craftsman tools. I love that people say "o that brand is shit" when they use a tool once every blue moon. I have a shit ton of harbor freight tools too. Why? Because they do what they're supposed to do and the brand name doesn't matter to me when it comes to only using it every so often. Works just as good as a high end brand. You might not get 5,000 uses out of it but the average person doesn't need it for that many.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Nothing wrong with craftsman for the normal non mechanic that doesn't wrench on cars everyday. I own some craftsman tools. I love that people say "o that brand is shit" when they use a tool once every blue moon. I have a shit ton of harbor freight tools too. Why? Because they do what they're supposed to do and the brand name doesn't matter to me when it comes to only using it every so often. Works just as good as a high end brand. You might not get 5,000 uses out of it but the average person doesn't need it for that many.
It's once in a blue moon lol

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
other than sockets, I can't tell you the last time I bought any Craftsman tools. Their ratchets definitely went to shit once they started being made overseas. So much slack in them, it's hard to use them in tight spaces compared to the old ones. If I want Chinese quality tools, I just to go Harbor Freight and pay Chinese quality prices.

I'm excited to see what this does for Stanley tools. I have a couple buddies that work at a Stanley plant down around the Charlotte area. Not sure what they produce there. Looking forward to this maybe bringing more US production jobs.

I've been meaning to run into our local Sears before it closes and pick up a mobile project cart on the cheap

Jack Burton

Established Member
I think pittsburg (harbor freight) and Kobalt tools are going to end up filling the void for most who buy craftsman. They are fairly cheap and easy to purchase. Pittsburg has a lifetime warranty too I think.

I'm a fan of the Kobalt tools.

Kinda sad for Sears that they are going down the crapper.

bigja01cobra

Established Member
I work for Stanley and there is a plan to bring production to the states. Unfortunately or fortunately our facilities in the states that produce Proto or MAC are at capacity with a little capacity at stanley facilities. So a new plant will be built. I am excited to see what we can do with the craftsmen namesake.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have used craftsman tools since I was about 12. That was all my Dad would buy. When I started buying my own tools I bought craftsman. Haven't bought any since they started making them in China and the quality went to shit.

Maybe since Stanley/Black and Decker tools are already sold at Walmart they can start selling Craftsman at Walmart? Just a thought. 24 hour availability and more access to the masses. As long as quality doesn't suffer.
Craftsman quality can only go up.

Craftsman hand tools have been junk for years. is this really a loss?
True ... Once they moved production to china. before that you couldn't get their quality at a cheaper price.

I work for Stanley and there is a plan to bring production to the states. Unfortunately or fortunately our facilities in the states that produce Proto or MAC are at capacity with a little capacity at stanley facilities. So a new plant will be built. I am excited to see what we can do with the craftsmen namesake.
If this is true and actually comes to pass it is awesome news

Users who are viewing this thread