Sears is screwing us on purpuse

StangJason

Established Member
oops on purpose but I can't edit the title...Well we bought a bed for $740 on the 11th of March and the associate assisted us with an online purchase selected the wrong bed so we try to change the order but no can do. So we try to immediately cancel the order and no can do for at least 24 hours. So 24 hours comes around and the manager calls to cancel the order I'm told it'll be 3-5 business days for our money to come back. Now whoa wait a second it took us two seconds to hand them our money and it's going to take a week to get it back?? I call the next day to confirm the cancellation only to find out the person who cancelled it somehow failed to cancel it so it's officially cancelled on the 13th and now I'm told 7-10 business days aka two weeks. Now 2 weeks have passed and I'm told it's a system problem and they have enter a manual refund so wait another 14 days. Lots of phone calls later and complaining and still no money.

So does anyone know who I need to beat the f#$#$ out of to get my money or at least for some satisfaction? Or does anyone know a good lawyer that will help me put Sears out of business for just a portion of my winnings? If option #2 isn't possible I need to figure out how to implement #1 because I'm completely sick of this shit!!

Last edited:

YJSONLY

Established Member
Sears is a shady bunch. Long story short. I ordered a tv stand via phone as I wanted it to get shipped to store and go pick it up and not pay $250 shipping. Yes $250 for shipping a $200 item. Well the lady on the phone said nothing about shipping and was sending it to my house for $450. I could not cancel the order as it shipped they only reason I caught it was on my cc statement. I had to refuse the item at my home. They tried to still keep the $250 for shipping and also keep 20% restocking fee. Had to call and talk to several people via phone and at store. So yeah $&@? Sears!!!!

StangJason

Established Member
So you want to get a lawyer for a pending credit that is on its way?

Yeah my wife didn't want to use a credit card, like I suggested, so we used her debit card so they have our cash now almost a month later. So yes I want to sue them because all I've had was a headache trying to figure out why we haven't gotten our money back so we can pay other bills. These bastards will 7-10 business days you out of your money.

Oh and to boot now her debit card has mysteriously been charged $500 by a company neither one of us has ever heard of (vesta cricket) so I'm beginning to think someone at Sears has taken our card and bought cell phone minutes.

:fm:

Yeah my wife didn't want to use a credit card, like I suggested, so we used her debit card so they have our cash now almost a month later. So yes I want to sue them because all I've had was a headache trying to figure out why we haven't gotten our money back so we can pay other bills. These bastards will 7-10 business days you out of your money.

Oh and to boot now her debit card has mysteriously been charged $500 by a company neither one of us has ever heard of (vesta cricket) so I'm beginning to think someone at Sears has taken our card and bought cell phone minutes.

:fm:

Hey I'm with you. I'm not happy about your situation either.

I've ordered stuff online before where the credit also takes like forever. But its on the way my friend. There are drawbacks to making online purchases. Thankfully its just a matter of a few days.

DRAGUL

Established Member
Bought a garden tractor at Sears. It was a leftover from the previous year so it was marked down. The tractor had engine problems right from the start. Called and they sent out a technician to the house 4 times, and none of them could resolve the issue. Found out Sears didn't even own the tools required to properly diagnose the problem. Then they wouldn't let me take the tractor to a Kohler authorized service place. Returned the tractor to the store and they tried to hit me with a 20% restocking charge. Didn't even own it for a month. After some discussion they waived it. Never again.

StangJason

Established Member
:
Hey I'm with you. I'm not happy about your situation either.

I've ordered stuff online before where the credit also takes like forever. But its on the way my friend. There are drawbacks to making online purchases. Thankfully its just a matter of a few days.

They've told me it would be in my account in 72 hours on the 21st and a day later then told me 3-5 business days then 14 business days.

What sucks even more is my wifes debit card gets hit for $500+ from a company we both never heard of and the odd part about that is I just gave Sears her debit number to find out where our money might be so I think we are getting scammed even worse. Oh and now we are waiting on that money to supposedly be returned! :fm::mj

YJSONLY

Established Member
My wife to be in 4 days works at a bank and doesn't even use her debit card! Always use credit and if its only a debit throw it away!

Fuerza

Established Member
My wife to be in 4 days works at a bank and doesn't even use her debit card! Always use credit and if its only a debit throw it away!

I use a credit card for 95% of all my purchases. Well actually an Amex Charge Card, but the point is that it makes it a lot easy to dispute a purchase. And I don't have to worry about my cash being tied up.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
The ONLY thing I buy from SEARS has CRAFTSMAN printed on it along with "Lifetime No Questions Asked Unlimited Warranty".

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Cash is no longer king in the retail market. Never use cash or a debit card for large purchases. Just as in this case you have very little recourse when it comes to getting a refund. Had you written a check or used a regular CC you wouldn't be in this position. Hindsight is 20/20. Live and learn there sport.

U.M.

ssssnake

Established Member
We had a problem with our dishwasher that they wouldn't work with us on. Reported them to the Better Business Bureau. We got a call from them the next day wanting to know what they could do to make us happy. Problem solved.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I absolutely never use debit cards unless I get them as a gift. To insecure. I will only use a credit card.

As far as your issue with Sears, I would call customer service and ask to talk to a manager. If he/she doesn't satisfy you, move on up the ladder if possible. Hopefully you will get someone who will actually work for you to get your money back ASAP with no further issues.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
We used our Sears card to purchase a TV online then went to the store to pick it up. When we got there, we were told that the TV wasn't there and the inventory was wrong, but our Sears card was still charged. It took almost 10 days to get our credit back on our card. What a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread