Search Down: Any problems with paint cracking on hood?

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
The paint on my '04 hood is cracking about four inches behind the front lip. It is dead center and about five inches long parallel to the front of the hood. Anyone else having these kinds of problems with the paint on their hoods?? The car is black, BTW.
Any help would be appreciated.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
I just noticed some bubbles and two very small cracks in the paint. About the same spot that you are saying Blk 03'.

Eric

TRBO VNM

a lot of people have had their hoods repainted under warranty because of this.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
I remember seeing the post but since the search is shutdown, haven't been able to find it..

-E

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
aaaarrgghh!!! I know it's frustrating, that's why I hoped someone saved it to use as ammunition at their dealer.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Mines just chipped a bit, but my fenderwells are chipped really bad! The paint on these cars sucks!!! HOw much does it cost to get the entire car re-painted? (well, not some botch job)

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
Mines just chipped a bit, but my fenderwells are chipped really bad! The paint on these cars sucks!!! HOw much does it cost to get the entire car re-painted? (well, not some botch job)

I wil not spend less then $2000 for a paint job. You get what you pay for and i have paid much more than that a couple times ..

1992B4C

Established Member
Make sure you are not closing the hood by pushing in the middle of it. That cracks the paint. Let it drop 6-8" to close. Doesnt crack then.

Users who are viewing this thread