Seafoam Video

bchisom99

Established Member
Seafoam Video - working link!!!!!

VIDEO LINK

http://www.ponypanels.com/zim/seafoam.wmv

Wanted to post this here first before pics/videos...

Anyways, I did the Seafoam trick today, all I can say is what great fun!!!

I went step by step from what is posted in the sticky section, sucked it up, let it set for 30 minutes, then let it rip, it was awesome, and the car does seem to run a little smoother up top.

Heres some pics however I do have a VIDEO, about one minute long, it starts right after the idle stage and ends in my ripping it down the street, however I need a HOST, so let me know who wants to host it, its not very big.....

IMG_0634.gif

IMG_0633.gif

Who wants to host the vid???

Last edited:

CobraBallz97

Established Member
i went to 3 different automotive stores and they looked at me like i had 3 heads when i asked for seafoam...they've never heard of it

bchisom99

Established Member
haha, I got it at Autozone, first place I went and the dude behind the counter was like, HEY, gonna blow some carbon out today!!!, and I was like YUP!!!

where did you go, I found it at Autozone, and it was on the top shelf, there were like 3 bottles of it, I almost bought all three....

SVTclutch

Established Member
CobraBallz97 said:
i went to 3 different automotive stores and they looked at me like i had 3 heads when i asked for seafoam...they've never heard of it

I got mine from Mars auto on main street in bay shore someone also said napa has ith

duane v

Established Member
Based on that pic, it appears you have ran a water-based product through the combustion :shrug: ...If it was cleaning carbon, sludge and varnished oil, there would be a ton of black n blue smoke coming out of those tail pipes...I'll stay reserved until I see the vid...DA snake boy!!!!

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
no it's not hard at all... very simple. man, i live in one of those suburban cookie cutter neighborhoods and when i drove away, the entire street was covered with so much smoke that i couldn't even see the street when turning outta the neighborhood... made a few of my neighbors run into their homes :-d

bchisom99

Established Member
duane v said:
Based on that pic, it appears you have ran a water-based product through the combustion :shrug: ...If it was cleaning carbon, sludge and varnished oil, there would be a ton of black n blue smoke coming out of those tail pipes...I'll stay reserved until I see the vid...DA snake boy!!!!

Hey, I did the SEAFOAM TRICK, WTF...

the only thing I had to do different than the instructions in the sticky is I had to dump all the seafoam into a plastic container, b/c I couldn't get the end off the pvc valve.....

who wants to host??? and yeah it was so much fun driving down the street in 1st gear and watching everyones faces.....

CY98Cobra

Established Member
bchisom99 said:
Hey, I did the SEAFOAM TRICK, WTF...

the only thing I had to do different than the instructions in the sticky is I had to dump all the seafoam into a plastic container, b/c I couldn't get the end off the pvc valve.....

who wants to host??? and yeah it was so much fun driving down the street in 1st gear and watching everyones faces.....

He's saying that since the smoke is white that seafoam must be water based. If it was blowing out carbon or built up oil then it would be blue or black smoke. White smoke=water

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
Yeah, the smoke that came out of my car was white too. I haven't been able to tell any real difference in the way the car performs. If it's cleaner in there, then good - its only $5. It certainly didn't hurt anything.

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
I did it in my 96 last week and it smoked way more than that even at idle... But it was all white/gray smoke. I could tell a little difference. I think I am still going to pull the intake off and clean it thoroughly. My car has never been cleaned and it has 130K miles.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
The first time i did it, it was like night and day. The second time I did it, like 3K miles later, it didn't do barely anything. I think it's a case-by-case thing. Oh, and I believe it white smoke because, by volume, there is a LOT more liquid than carbon, so I figure that's what it was. I dunno, the crap worked for me as far as smoothing things out and grabbing me a few horsepower, so for $4.95, right on.

bchisom99

Established Member
I'm working on the hosting, the vid, while only 1 minute long, is 77MB, yikes, its pretty high-res, its an good vid, just a little big....

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I think I will stick with my faithfull old Valvoline fuel injector treatment. They make an annual treatment that sells for about $8-9. I ran it thru my old 86 GT when I first got it and it made a huge difference. Don't confuse this with the $3-4 treatment that Valvoline recommends using every gas tank fill up.

bchisom99

Established Member
9000 newbie posts about what seafoam is and what it does and now I'm sensing some resistance....I guess it was mostly white smoke, and the vid was only started after the 'idleing' stage when my brother figured out the camera and got it recording, and I was sitting in the car revving the crap out of it and then driving it. ... . I can definalty tell a difference up top, the car pulls a lot harder above 5-5500grand....

I could also tell that there was either more cleaning going on, or just more liquid on the drivers side bank of the engine that smoked pretty much non-stop until is was all gone...

and I did find out today that there was a COP following me all the way through the neighborhood, luckily 1, he turned the other way when I got out of the 'hood' and stomped on it, and 2, I never took it out of 1st in the neighborhood, so I never went over 30mph.....I couldn't see him to save me life. . .and I'm uploading the vid to yousendit right now....

bchisom99

Established Member
Link is UP, see TOP...its pretty big, Sorry about that, the camera was on like silly-high-res when it was shot....thanks

Users who are viewing this thread