seafoam - hate to ask

lastexit99

Established Member
I searched the "how-to" forum for a guide to do this treatment, but didn't see one. So I searched the web and found this one. How to Seafoam a Mustang

is there one here? can someone point me in the right direction? Does this one seem right?

thanks.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I use the drivers side that goes from PCV to intake hat.

I buy a 2ft piece of vac line from the store, unhook the PCV line at the intake and hook up the new hose.
Open the can and I let it just barely skim the top of the liquid to where it is sucking it up.

Let it work like a vacuum cleaner, don't just stab it down in the liquid, let it skim the top.
When down to 1/2 can, kill the engine and put PCV line back to normal.
Pour the rest of the can in the gas tank.

After 10/15 Min crank the car back up and idle/rev/drive.

Tickle

Established Member
That's one way I guess.

Just disconnect your pcv valve(ds valve cover) from the tube to the intake plenum . Start the car, Put the tube in the can and rev the car to suck in the sea foam. You can also use a Tupperware dish or something to suck it out of. The car will try to stall but rev it just enough to avoid stalling. Shut off the engine and let it sit for 30mins or so.

Crank the car and drive it getting plenty of WOT time to burn it all off.

CAUTION: this will make a TON of thick smoke, I'd recommend doing it off the beaten path. Think of the video game spy hunter and the smoke screen. It's an obscene amount that will aggravate neighbors or anyone around.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I would recommend against going WOT until most of that shit has burned out.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I use the hose going TO my IAC... that way it cleans that as well. And hell yes I go WOT after I restart it lol, SPACE SHUTTLE LAUNCH! While putting it in I go up to 4k on rpms too

gt347mustang

Established Member
U guys should post vids of this.

It always makes me lol when I see people putting that crap in their cars.

laddanator

Established Member
I use the hose going TO my IAC... that way it cleans that as well. And hell yes I go WOT after I restart it lol, SPACE SHUTTLE LAUNCH! While putting it in I go up to 4k on rpms too

I do twice a year on all my cars.

Have been doing so for about 20+ years.

I've been reading somewhere that the seafoam deal works great but have been reported cases of the carbon and whatever else the seafoam breaks loose in the cleaning process can clog your mufflers. Have any of you that have done this had an issue with clogged mufflers?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Never. I can not even fathom the particles being that big.

Some willsay change your plugs, change your oil, etc....

It cleans the combustion chamber, plugs are in the combustion chamber. I've pulled them after and they look fine. Probably cleaner than they were before.
If I change them it was because they were ready to be changed.

Oil?
If your rings are that bad to where a seafoam application sends crap to the crankcase seafoam is the least of your problems and won't help anyway.

laddanator

Established Member
Never. I can not even fathom the particles being that big.

Some willsay change your plugs, change your oil, etc....

It cleans the combustion chamber, plugs are in the combustion chamber. I've pulled them after and they look fine. Probably cleaner than they were before.
If I change them it was because they were ready to be changed.

Oil?
If your rings are that bad to where a seafoam application sends crap to the crankcase seafoam is the least of your problems and won't help anyway.

I put 4oz in my crankcase. I assume that's bad? Seafoam says to do so on the bottle. I put very little

CJK440

Established Member
I've been reading somewhere that the seafoam deal works great but have been reported cases of the carbon and whatever else the seafoam breaks loose in the cleaning process can clog your mufflers

I'd worry about the cats (if you run them) clogging.

laddanator

Established Member
If you put it in the crankcase then deffinitely change the old.

That is a completely different situation.

I plan to over the weekend. I doubt it hurt anything but an oil change is a good idea.

I'd worry about the cats (if you run them) clogging.

No cats. I should be good. I have never done the seafoam thing but I plan to this weekend.

Royal purple

Established Member
sea foam

I have done my car twice in the 4 months I have had the car and it really helped throttle response. If you put in oil change after 100 miles or so.
Smokes like hell took out my plugs clean and look great. No cats here no way it plug your mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread