SCT XCal2 A/F Datalog Confusion

mrose75

Established Member
There is, and it sets the formula to (v*2)+10. That's all fine and dandy, what's causing me the heart ache is it's not constant. It jumps around dramatically.

cj428mach

Established Member
There is, and it sets the formula to (v*2)+10. That's all fine and dandy, what's causing me the heart ache is it's not constant. It jumps around dramatically.

It isn't in the formula then. As changing it to (V*2.375)+7.3125 will only make the jumping around more exaggerated as the number you're multiplying times your voltage is even larger in the new equation.

mrose75

Established Member
That's kinda what I figured too. I just got off the phone with AEM. According to them I should be getting my voltage from the back of the gauge, or the white wire in the instructions in the pic above. So, I guess I'll have to tap that wire and run it to my hand held. Will report back after that.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I never said the formula was going to correct the erratic nature of the voltage. That's a separate issue and why I brought up the sampling rate. It could certainly end up being the wiring tho.

However, if you think you're going to end up with accurate results with the (v*2) + 10 formula....you won't. It's going to read too high for that uego wideband. All widebands will usually have a different formula to translate the voltage reading from the analog. Some like the lc1 even let you manually control the reading range and either "tighten" it up or "expand" it. In that case, the formula will change. 7.35 to 22.39 AFR uses formula (v*3.008) + 7.35. Choosing to tighten it up to 10-16 AFR range you would use (v*1.2) + 10

And in some cases you will alter the formula further if you are adding back for something like a voltage offset. Maybe have to add back a slight amount. ((v*3.008)+.0625) + 7.35

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member
Easy fix. I spliced into the white wire that runs to the gauge and got a consistent signal. Basically my understanding of the directions was that the grey wire was for data logging, but all I needed was the same 5V signal that gives the gauge the info it needs. I went with the formula c6z posted and it's pretty close. Hard to tell at idle, but very close. It'll be easier to tell at WOT when it's a little more steady under load. Thanks SVTP, for once again helping a brother out!! :beer: Love this site!

cj428mach

Established Member
Easy fix. I spliced into the white wire that runs to the gauge and got a consistent signal. Basically my understanding of the directions was that the grey wire was for data logging, but all I needed was the same 5V signal that gives the gauge the info it needs. I went with the formula c6z posted and it's pretty close. Hard to tell at idle, but very close. It'll be easier to tell at WOT when it's a little more steady under load. Thanks SVTP, for once again helping a brother out!! :beer: Love this site!

Glad to hear it. Now i can't wait to hear what you think of the Whipple after Don gets done tuning it.

mrose75

Established Member
I've been messing around during the datalogging and it loves this nice cool weather we're having... That I know. Can't wait to Find some time so I can log and send it to Don and get this dialed in.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

Awesome. Glad it's working. :beer:

Interesting you had to splice into the white lambda wire....I guess that grey wire only works with the rs232 plug and the aem software you load to your laptop. No good for a minidin and sct handheld/live link

mrose75

Established Member
Awesome. Glad it's working. :beer:

Interesting you had to splice into the white lambda wire....I guess that grey wire only works with the rs232 plug and the aem software you load to your laptop. No good for a minidin and sct handheld/live link

Yeah, that's odd but I'm set now. Hopefully this makes it easier on the next guy.

Users who are viewing this thread