SCT Xcal > Livewire?

XtremeAceX

Established Member
Im looking to purchase a tuner for my car, and have been doing a bunch of research via svtp search. I was originally looking at the SCT Livewire, but from what i've seen in most of the threads i've read, most people are unhappy with the Livewire, and suggest the Xcal II or 3. Does the livewire just not have properly tuned setups? Also, with the Xcal, does the tuner come with any tune's to start with before I take my car to the local motorsport shop for a custom tune? (from what I understand the Xcal II and 3 are custom tuneable) What is the difference between the Xcal II and 3? I'm not sure which i would want to go with.

XtremeAceX

Established Member
Okay, well i've continued with my search, and from what i've gathered, Xcal 2 or 3 is the way i think i'm going to go, but now i need to figure out, do i want 2 or 3? lol, any advice?

Last edited:

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I think the difference is that the xcal2 doesn't come with any tunes, as in you must load a custom tune into it, but the xcal3 comes with a few tunes, kind of like can tunes??

Someone plese fact check.

svt2ner

Established Member
With the xcal2 to datalog you must have a laptop in your car. With the xcal3 you can datalog on the fly hence more memory... Thats the difference to be noted.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
With the xcal2 to datalog you must have a laptop in your car. With the xcal3 you can datalog on the fly hence more memory... Thats the difference to be noted.

To datalog correct,you will still want a laptop and livelink(from sct) and a w/b.
You`ll be able to log more parameters!
Justin @ VMP has me set up to log 34 parameters,including a analog input.ie. w/b a/f

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Killer, but uhh.. noob question, w/b?

edit: I think it's wideband, but i'm not 100% sure lol.

Yes - a wideband measures your air / fuel ratio with the sensor being mounted in your h-pipe or x-pipe. I have a PLX digital wideband and love it... :beer:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yes - a wideband measures your air / fuel ratio with the sensor being mounted in your h-pipe or x-pipe. I have a PLX digital wideband and love it... :beer:

Yes sir,and the closer u weld in the sensor to the exhaust/header outlet the better.The w/b will respond faster!

Users who are viewing this thread