sct xcal 3 HELP!

Wayne64SS

Established Member
I know there is a shit ton of you guys out there with these so someone has to have done this...

There are a few things i want out of this thing:

1) I need to turn the rear o2s off.

2) i want to set the traction control to default to "off"

3) what should i set my rev limit at (all stock with k&n FIPK, full exhaust, & boost bypass)?

4) 2 step?

Does anyone have a copy of the actual tuning software to write your own tunes for these? I suspect even after paying all the $$ for one i am going to have to go that route.

Thanks in advance guys!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
#1 and #2 on your list can`t be done by you.I`ll say 6800 for the rev limit.No 2 step in the x-cal that i`m aware of.

cobracide

Established Member
#1 and #2 on your list can`t be done by you.I`ll say 6800 for the rev limit.No 2 step in the x-cal that i`m aware of.

Traction control certanly can be turned off with the xcal3. I did it within the canned tune.

The 2 step - while staged, you can set the 1st step to the rpm where you want to dump the clutch, and flooring it with the clutch is is limited to say, 5000rpm. But once you launch the rev limiter then jumps to the overall limit.

This again can be set within the x3. My suggestion would be to read the manual, load the canned tune and go from there.

Wayne64SS

Established Member
Traction control certanly can be turned off with the xcal3. I did it within the canned tune.

The 2 step - while staged, you can set the 1st step to the rpm where you want to dump the clutch, and flooring it with the clutch is is limited to say, 5000rpm. But once you launch the rev limiter then jumps to the overall limit.

This again can be set within the x3. My suggestion would be to read the manual, load the canned tune and go from there.

apparently this one doesn't have the canned tunes? When i plug into the car to flash i get 2 options, "Lee Street Tune" & "Better Mileage". When i go to edit settings it only gives me stupid shit like spark advance, WOT rich / lean, fan temps, etc. I don't see anything for traction, bigger injectors, etc. None of the Cobra stuff seems to be there.... I updated the firmware to the latest (same as it came with)? Ideas?

And i don't see an option to turn off traction control.

Last edited:

Wayne64SS

Established Member
sending to SCT. They are going to upgrade it from the 3000 to the 3015 with the canned tunes. Those options are editable in the canned tunes. sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread