Sct x3 vs x4 vs live wire + pro racer ?

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
Don I don't have the stock tune though ? I purchased the vehicle tuned by previous owner and he really doesn't seem to know what software was used . How do I obtain a stock tune, and is there a way I can save the existing tune in it right now ?

Last edited:

Don 95Vert

Established Member
When you get an SCT Pro Racer Package, you GET a 100% stock tune as your 'base' tune (not to be confused with an adjusted base tune some vendors supply with a PRP). Your download it from SCT's server when you first get the software and do an update. From there you modify it or modify the adjusted the base tune you get from the the vendor. The tune you do and then upload to the PCM overwrites what is on the PCM - if you have the original tune on a handheld SCT device, you do not lose it, you just put your new tune in a different 'slot' in the handheld. If you do not have a handheld and the tune has been flashed to the PCM by unknown means, you will lose it. But it doesn't matter, because you will probably do a better job yourself dialing it in. A shop can only spend a limited time based on your budget - but you, on the other hand have unlimited access to the vehicle and can spend as much time as you want fiddling with the tune to get it 100% perfect. Plus you'll be ready to adjust the tune when you make modifications to the vehicle.

Don

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
Thanks Don - looks like I'll be purchasing the pro racer next.

I finally got in touch with the seller, the car was tuned using sniper software.

What are my chances of the tune not being locked ?

Users who are viewing this thread