SCT tuner or Predator?

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Which tuner (SCT or predator) have the best out of the box pulley tune for the following mods?

K&N FIPK
Magnaflow catted X-pipe
Borla Stinger exhaust
2.80 pully with 100 mm idler

Any experiences you guys have had with each unit would be helpful. Thanks

TDS-03

Established Member
Originally posted by Rob Nelson
Which tuner (SCT or predator) have the best out of the box pulley tune for the following mods?

K&N FIPK
Magnaflow catted X-pipe
Borla Stinger exhaust
2.80 pully with 100 mm idler

Any experiences you guys have had with each unit would be helpful. Thanks

I dont have a direct comparison answer for you. I have a predator that I only used out of the box without a custom tune.

I now have an SCT tuner, but its not the 1725, it did not have a tune included, but I now have 3 customized tunes that a local shop built for me.

Both seem to be really good quality units. My disappointment in the predator is that it was not what I needed "out of the box". The performance pulley tune included would ping, and I only have a 3.2 pulley. However, I know several other guys who run this and have fine results.

In my opinion, a lot has to do with the variations in these cars. Few of them perform the same, even with the same mods. Whatever route you go, you should not be surprised if a custom tune is really needed to get you into a safe A/F zone. I dont think you can go wrong either way as long as you have a good shop and tuner behind whatever you purchase. I've seen many dealers talked about on this board who will supply tunes if you need one at no additional cost. Its the way to go. :beer:

Last edited:

mm49

Established Member
Predator allows minor adjustments of the loaded tunes.

SCT Flasher can come with up to 3 custom tunes if you have the SCT Racer Pro package which includes software... There is no comparison ! An SCT Flasher with Software is the Ultimate Tuning package.

Jon L

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by mm49
SCT Flasher can come with up to 3 custom tunes if you have the SCT Racer Pro package which includes software...
Jon L

And how much does that SCT Racer Pro package cost again Jon?

U.M.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip
$795 and a freaking bargain it is!

MJ

I would have to agree. The regular SCT hand-held w/ a few tunes is anywhere between $429 and $450. I'd pay a few hundred more for the software to have the ability to custom tune my own car. Too bad I have no idea how to do it! If so, I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

I'm talking screen size, tuning abilities, DATALOGGING. Some of you guys are funny, if you think you will be able to tune the car yourselfs just on a dyno good luck. Expect to spend another three hundred on datalogging equip...

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I have the predtor and I saw MJ's SCT setup. Since Diablo doesn't make their tuning softwqare available (yet) to the general public I would go the SCT route if you are interested in modifying the tune yourself. If you don't have the stomache for that stuff and you want someone else to do it I would say it's a toss up.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
which flash tuner?

Those with the SCT tuner, any complaints. Which is better?
A SCT tuner tuned by Apten, a Predator tuned by Rick at Amazon Racing or a Predator tuned by James at RWTD? Anyone had any problems with them and which would u choose and why? :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread