Sct tuner help

Marquis_pony

Established Member
Hey guys, first off my step dad bought an SCT tuner for our 06 roush stage 1, I now just have an 06 GT, can i use this tuner right away or do I need to program it? and if i need new tunes who should i go to? thanks guys.

2002stang

Established Member
The tuner is probably still married to the Roush unless he took tune off and unlocked the tuner. Once you tune a car it marries to that computer. I believe. Most places offer deals for tunes. Pay a fee upfront and get tunes. Bama through American muscle. Lethal performance are just a couple. You will need to make sure tuner is unlocked before you do anything though

AMDanBailer

Hey guys, first off my step dad bought an SCT tuner for our 06 roush stage 1, I now just have an 06 GT, can i use this tuner right away or do I need to program it? and if i need new tunes who should i go to? thanks guys.

Hey,

As stated before on this thread, you would have to see if the tuner is still married to your step dads car. Your step dad would have had to set his car back to stock before getting rid of the car. If this is the case, you can use the canned tunes on the tuner right away, or someone can write you tunes specific for your.

If the tuner is still married to your step dads car, you will have to get it unmarried by setting his car back to stock. If that is no longer an option you will need to send the tuner back to SCT to unlock the tuner. However, they do charge $150 for this service lasted I checked. Once you get the unlocked tuner back you can either use the canned tunes or have someone write you a tune as well.

If you would like custom tunes, our sister company Bama offers this service for a one time buy in of $150 for unlimited tunes.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions feel free to get in touch with myself or our Bama team. Good luck!

-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread