SCT SF3 updating with Macbook? Help!

04fivefour

04 Cobra
Established Member
Trying to update my SF3 with my macbook pro and having troubles. Can not download the drivers due to them apparently being for Windows operating systems. Searched and searched and found no answers. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thank You!!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Trying to update my SF3 with my macbook pro and having troubles. Can not download the drivers due to them apparently being for Windows operating systems. Searched and searched and found no answers. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thank You!!

SCT does not support Mac platforms UNLESS you have a true dual boot machine.

SCT REPLY: As of 7/13/11 Mac OS is not supported on SCT software. You may use windows on a dual boot MAC only.

bj

04fivefour

04 Cobra
Established Member
Bummer, thanx for the input though. I ended up using my girls PC, still didnt work right.Before updating the tuner I attempted to return my ecm to stock and got a 1033 low vpp code from the SCT tuner. I updated my Firmware and downloaded the newest updates for the programmer and it let me set my car back to stock, that seems weird. I did save my stock file on the PC though.

Here is where it gets weirder. After it said my car was successfully returned to stock it never popped a check engine light because of my o/r x. Additionally, the shift up light on the dash now works and the car feels like it's running stronger. This confuses me.

After returning it to stock I tried to load a strategy tune just to fix my speedo and make some subtle changes. This time it said low vpp 1033 again.

Any ideas? I am anticipating calling SCT in the morning to square it away, just wondering if anybody has input.

oh yeah, my battery is at 12.6 volts with the car off. I even tried hooking a trickle charger up while tuning and it made no difference.

Last edited:

04fivefour

04 Cobra
Established Member
Update: Called SCT twice during business hours and never got to talk to a representative. It put me through to leave a voicemail after waiting 15+ minutes both times. I left a detailed message and never received a call back. Losing faith in SCT very fast and very disappointed as this is my daily driver right now and it is not running correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread