SCT Hanheld Monitoring

CamCobra10

Established Member
trying to get a file of how my engine is running to my tuner, the car is running rough at startup for 4 minutes, the a/f is around 18-19 during that time, after 4 minutes it clears itself at 14.5 a/f...i just did the COP conversion, and can't figure out why this is happening, my tuner was saying something about cam overlapping or air leaks..anyone has any ideas?....in the meantime i have my handheld plugged in my car and my labtop connected to it with SCT LiveLink 6.5 running, BUT i'm getting a Hanheld Device Initialization Failed....any help would be great

01bluesnake

Established Member
trying to get a file of how my engine is running to my tuner, the car is running rough at startup for 4 minutes, the a/f is around 18-19 during that time, after 4 minutes it clears itself at 14.5 a/f...i just did the COP conversion, and can't figure out why this is happening, my tuner was saying something about cam overlapping or air leaks..anyone has any ideas?....in the meantime i have my handheld plugged in my car and my labtop connected to it with SCT LiveLink 6.5 running, BUT i'm getting a Hanheld Device Initialization Failed....any help would be great

Sounds like a cold start table issue under open loop. Is it only cold starts, or hot restarts as well? Did you click recognize device after connecting the handheld to live link? You will need to have the tuner device connected to the car and plugged in as well as connected to the laptop and linked together. Then you can go into the selection of doing data logging pid selection for the ecu code.

CamCobra10

Established Member
Sounds like a cold start table issue under open loop. Is it only cold starts, or hot restarts as well? Did you click recognize device after connecting the handheld to live link? You will need to have the tuner device connected to the car and plugged in as well as connected to the laptop and linked together. Then you can go into the selection of doing data logging pid selection for the ecu code.
its happening on cold and hot restarts...when i click on the little graph on Livelink it said Connection Failed, i had it all hooked up properly and verified the 3 options it gives you to double check why it didn't connect...how about this, in LiveLink under Module only ECM #1 is check off, should i select ECM#2 or ECM #1 & 2 (X3/LW)

racebronco2

Established Member
I had the same problem. I could not get livelink 6.5 to connect with the tuner. I have a enhanced tuner which only uses livelink2. Do you have an enhanced tuner? If you do you will need to use livelink2.

CamCobra10

Established Member
I had the same problem. I could not get livelink 6.5 to connect with the tuner. I have a enhanced tuner which only uses livelink2. Do you have an enhanced tuner? If you do you will need to use livelink2.
Whats up bronco... I posted the covers I bought from you the other day after powdercoating them came out nice....I've been reading on sct website and this is what I came up with, livelink gen2 like you said, need to update my firmware newest update just came out 2 weeks ago and it says before I update the firmware on my handheld I have to return my tune back to stock...I have the x3 tuner<enhanced>.....anything im leaving out?

Users who are viewing this thread