SCT Hanheld Monitoring

CamCobra10

Established Member
trying to get a file of how my engine is running to my tuner, the car is running rough at startup for 4 minutes, the a/f is around 18-19 during that time, after 4 minutes it clears itself at 14.5 a/f...i just did the COP conversion, and can't figure out why this is happening, my tuner was saying something about cam overlapping or air leaks..anyone has any ideas?....in the meantime i have my handheld plugged in my car and my labtop connected to it with SCT LiveLink 6.5 running, BUT i'm getting a Hanheld Device Initialization Failed....any help would be great

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Have you tried different USB ports on your PC? You can also try using different Com port settings in Device Manager.

Sounds like you may have some issues with your cold start tables in your tune.

CamCobra10

Established Member
Have you tried different USB ports on your PC? You can also try using different Com port settings in Device Manager.

Sounds like you may have some issues with your cold start tables in your tune.
it's a brand new pc and it detects the connection, it's worth a shot....i would say cold start also , but even when i drive it, park it then start it right back up, same thing...i'm going to give it another shot tomorrow, but it looks like it will be back at the shop

badblacklx

Established Member
What cams are in car? My cams have a hefty overlap and that can skew af reading by a lot at idle because af guage can't read raw fuel.

CamCobra10

Established Member
What cams are in car? My cams have a hefty overlap and that can skew af reading by a lot at idle because af guage can't read raw fuel.
stage 1 sean hyland, thats what my tuner was saying...why would it just start doing it now with the COP conversion?

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
it's a brand new pc and it detects the connection, it's worth a shot....i would say cold start also , but even when i drive it, park it then start it right back up, same thing...i'm going to give it another shot tomorrow, but it looks like it will be back at the shop

There are also warm start tables, but it is odd that this started with the COP conversion...

The SCT handhelds use an FTDI driver that converts a USB port to an old fashioned Com port. I have had all kinds of trouble with FTDI drivers automatically choosing a com port my PC can't use for some reason. I have had some success by manually switching the com port numbers, usually by selecting lower numbers, although I have had some success with com11: and com12:.

I am always fighting these issues since I switch between SCT for Mustang tuning and Moates for Honda tuning (my son's car).

CamCobra10

Established Member
There are also warm start tables, but it is odd that this started with the COP conversion...

The SCT handhelds use an FTDI driver that converts a USB port to an old fashioned Com port. I have had all kinds of trouble with FTDI drivers automatically choosing a com port my PC can't use for some reason. I have had some success by manually switching the com port numbers, usually by selecting lower numbers, although I have had some success with com11: and com12:.

I am always fighting these issues since I switch between SCT for Mustang tuning and Moates for Honda tuning (my son's car).
I definitely wasn't expecting this to happen since everyone I was talking to was saying no tune was needed for the conversion, maybe the cams play a different role with the spark, a leak somewhere, etc...one thing is for sure i'm going to go through every wire, fuse and hose tomorrow...I was trying to figure out how to send a file to my tuner, but if I can't figure this problem out i'll just send it to him toget it right..that is true about com ports, its doesn't cost much more than just putting a usb in its place and not worrying about the b/s

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
The ability to datalog is very helpful. I'd recommend you call SCT when you get a chance, maybe after your tuner is done. Their tech support can definitely help you get to where you can datalog with your PC.

Users who are viewing this thread