SCT handheld question.....

carguy19

Established Member
Does an out of the box blank SCT tuner have the ability to make changes for rear end gearing or does a tune have to be installed into it and downloaded?

Trying to plan out my first wave of mods. :D

dfroehli

Established Member
Does an out of the box blank SCT tuner have the ability to make changes for rear end gearing or does a tune have to be installed into it and downloaded?

Trying to plan out my first wave of mods. :D

You can change the gear ratio only if u are prepared to upload the canned sct tune or an aftermarket canned tuned. Either way your ECM will be forever flashed.

carguy19

Established Member
My question is

Does a tuner have to create a custom tune for gear changes or is there a canned tune built in for the gears?

dfroehli

Established Member
My question is

Does a tuner have to create a custom tune for gear changes or is there a canned tune built in for the gears?

Depends on the model tuner u bought if it's the 3015 model it will have a sct tune that will allow u to change gearing. I tried this and found there tune to be a bit on the lean side for my likes. 11.6-11.7 at wot. My advise is bite the bullet and at the very least get a cai and throttle body with a canned tune and enjoy the added hp and blower wine.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
My question is

3000 is custom tune only and your tuner should have made gearing an option.

3015 comes with SCTs "strategy" tunes as well as having capability to change your gearing when you load their tune. Same unit can also hold custom tunes.

X4 has SCT strategy tunes and can also hold custom. Same thing as X3, whether strategy or custom, the option should be open for you.

hoang5659

hello,

im knew to the GT500 forum... i came from the F150 forums and i had a SCT livewire on my ecoboost. my question is, can i use the same tuner on my GT500? if so, what do i need to do to get it reset or marry it to the new vehicle? i know its probably a newb question but any help would be greatly appreciated. please advise...

Van@RevanRacing

hello,

im knew to the GT500 forum... i came from the F150 forums and i had a SCT livewire on my ecoboost. my question is, can i use the same tuner on my GT500? if so, what do i need to do to get it reset or marry it to the new vehicle? i know its probably a newb question but any help would be greatly appreciated. please advise...

If it is still married to the truck PCM you'll have to contact SCT and send the unit into them and have it unmarried.

Users who are viewing this thread