SCT BA2400 or Granatelli 2800 MAF?

sikcobra03

Established Member
Ok, so I currently own the 2 MAF sensors in the title and I was wondering which I should use on my car? I just dont know enough about them to make the decision, but I do know they are both good companies. I would appreciate your input. Thanks guys.

MikeW

Established Member
Granatelli use to make the SCT meters before they had a falling out.

Both of the ones you have are good meters. With the Stage 5 the BA2400 should have enough range to take care of your needs. Talk to your tuner and see what they want you to use. The 2800 may be overkill for the mods that you have/will have.

Good luck :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^More like the quality they were getting from whom ever was making them for them lol. I don't think Granatelli makes hardly anything. Their upgraded coils or whatever (can't remember) are made close to me in Louisville, Ky.

MikeW

Established Member
I thought their falling out was due to Granatelli's inconsistant quality.

Two sides to every story. Seems that that is what SCT was saying when GMS had a different pint of view. :shrug:

A good 10+ page thread where Granatelli tells their side.
http://modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81996&highlight=Granatelli

Posi it is hard to find anyone that makes their own parts these days :lol1: Well UPR is great at copying others and making them their own :lol1:

smokymance

The Slower Modular Breed
Established Member
i had a granatelli fail...switched to the 2400 sct and no problems so far...maybe my luck, maybe granatelli, but after that, i choose sct...

smokymance

The Slower Modular Breed
Established Member
maybe this january...not sure...maybe im trying to run away from the nameplate as i had problems with it...

THAITED

Established Member
Granatelli use to make the SCT meters before they had a falling out.

Both of the ones you have are good meters. With the Stage 5 the BA2400 should have enough range to take care of your needs. Talk to your tuner and see what they want you to use. The 2800 may be overkill for the mods that you have/will have.

Good luck :beer:

nothing is ever be overkill IMO. I used to have the 2400 and ended up selling it. It wasn't enough for my set up. Now I have 2800 and still think it's not enough.

MikeW

Established Member
nothing is ever be overkill IMO. I used to have the 2400 and ended up selling it. It wasn't enough for my set up. Now I have 2800 and still think it's not enough.

If I try one then have it tuned and switch to the other I would have to have it retuned, right?

Correct

The 2400 will have a different resolution than the 2800. If you go with the 2800 and it is "too large" then you will give up some resolution. Your car may "tune better" with the smaller meter as long as you do not peg it.

http://sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4986&highlight=resolution

"Well, that's the thing. You don't want to use a meter where you'll end up using only a small percentage of it's range. Using a meter with a range larger than you need means you will have less resolution at lower speeds."

http://sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2659&highlight=resolution

"But there is also something to be said for not using too big of a maf, as it can cost low-end resolution."

http://modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106137&highlight=resolution

"Either go with the SCT 2400 or don't touch any of them - we and other tuners have had terrible quality problems with the cheaply made 2800 units. Even if the 2800 unit wasn't a piece of junk, even that is too little resolution for you - we use a SCT 2400 (older, we have a stockpile of the good ones) on 3.4L Whipple builds.

Hopefully the new SCT 2600 is a higher quality unit than the junk they were previously getting produced for them, because we are running out of these 2400's."

http://modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?p=332622&highlight=resolution#post332622

"You should never use a higher voltage setting if you're not making the power required for such, as you'll only lose MAF resolution, and possibly your driveability will suffer (I have seen 0 loss in driveability up to the 6.0v setting on the factory 90mm MAF, however)."

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The SCT BA2400 and BA2800 meters were made by granatelli, and are still sold by them, these come from hitatchi.

The new SCT BA2600 and BA3000 have an aluminum housing and are made by one of the other common mass air manufacturers ;)

2SLO2RCE

search you shall find
Established Member
like already posted it depends on you application and if you need the big maf. the smaller one will be more accurate but will peg out on you if you throw to much at it. but you can throw on a piggy back later. i have a 2400 on my car it was fine in draw through now that im in blow through i have a mafia on it now. im about to upgrade to 2800 and more boost.

Users who are viewing this thread