screwed

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
thank you to everyone for your help and support. I ended up taking it to a place about 45 miles from by place, springfieldmotors and they were able to drill and tap it out and get it all hooked up for me. I was afraid to try it after the damage i already did.

akaeric

Established Member
IJust like they said above just get a tap and die set and rethread it sears has a a good small set or NAPA.Its not hard at all to do. Just take your time.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I will be installing a pulley tomorrow with Billet Flow pulley puller and I am getting nervous! It doesnt look that hard though!!:shrug:

jrh99

Established Member
Originally posted by FordFreak4.6
How do you cross thread a bolt? Dont you know to stop when it starts to bind??!?!

:nonono:

Easy, you have to crank so damn hard to push the pulley on and you simply think it just needs more muscle.

On thing I would do is screw the pulley puller screw in all the way, then mark it somehow. Maybe with white out or something.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by jrh99
Easy, you have to crank so damn hard to push the pulley on and you simply think it just needs more muscle.

On thing I would do is screw the pulley puller screw in all the way, then mark it somehow. Maybe with white out or something.

Thats a good idea!!:thumbsup:

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
Its not that hard, I just screwed up! Just take your time and try not to think about how great its gonna ride when you'll be done. just lets you make mistakes.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Typically, you'd thread in a stud almost to the bottom, and use a nut and washer. Glad to hear you got it fixed!

Users who are viewing this thread