screwed

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
I was installing my new 2.93 blower pulley when the threads cross threaded on the blower shaft. :bash: I live in Northern Virginia and am having hard time finding somone that is willing to work on a supercharger. From what i can tell, it seems like the shaft is going to need replaced. Any help out there would help.
:cryying:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
You talking about the bolt that goes into the snout?

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
One of the vendors on the board sells snouts for the blowers on are cars, but I can't remember who it is. Someone will chime in, and sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
yeah, the female threaded part on the snout of the blower is stripped.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
My blower doesn't even have the bolt on there from the factory.
just a small plastic plug. Did your pulley press on or slip on?
I think the newer blowers didn't even use the bolt.

Jason

04-MystiChrome

One Fast Grand-PaPi
Established Member
Not to worry-Someone here sells the snout with a 2.93
pulley already on it (or 2.80 if you wish). I will search around
an find the recent thread about this. If the SEARCH worked
it would be easy but help is on the way

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I know it's not any help, but I was wondering what puller you used. I've been keeping track of "bad" experiences and what puller was used.

jimh

Established Member
Try running a tap through it and cleaning out the threads. You can also try heating up the pully hub (in an oven ) before installing it to make it expand and go on easier. I don't know what kind of pulley you got but if it's one with a steel hub you should be ok.

Worked for timing gears in the old days.

jrh99

Established Member
Originally posted by Justicem
I was installing my new 2.93 blower pulley when the threads cross threaded on the blower shaft. :bash: I live in Northern Virginia and am having hard time finding somone that is willing to work on a supercharger. From what i can tell, it seems like the shaft is going to need replaced. Any help out there would help.

It's not as bad as it seems. Trust me, I did the same exact thing. Give these guys a call they helped me. I just removed my snout and shipped it out to them. They had it back to me pretty quickly. I can't remember an exact price but it was a good bit less than buying a new snout!

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/remanufacturing.htm

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member

Are you sure you can't fix it yourself?

I had the same thing happen on the first two threads of the blower snout. I was sweating bullets.:eek:

I ran to Sears, bought a tap (can't remember the size off hand) and cleaned out the threads.

It works fine now.

PM me if you need the size of the tap.

Russ

:beer:

Established Member
My friend cross threaded his blower snout but was able to have it fixed. That bolt isn't neccessary if you already have the pulley installed. Just there for safety precausions. I had mine unbolted for about 10,000 miles on the eaton and was just fine. I'll find out how it was fixed and get back to you.

Fanged03

Established Member
you could fix that man. get a helicoil and drill it out and tap it for that install it and bolt her back up.

GITER DUN!!!!! :rockon:

Brent

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
I want to thank everyone for there replys, I was using the ASP puller. Now here is the thing, I figured i could at least get the pulley on using a rubber mallet, most of the pulley was already pressed on, put the part that screws into the blower snout broke. the pulley doesn't seem to want to go on any furture but it is not flush with the end of the snout. when i put the belt back on, everything seemed to line up. Do you think there is anyway that i hit it to hard and pushed the shaft into the snout? the shaft still spins fine and i started it and everything sounded ok, but didn't want to drive it. and from everything i've read, it should be flush, but i looks like if it went on any further that the belt wouldn't line up correctly.
Feel like such an idiot!!!

Last edited:

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Originally posted by Fanged03
you could fix that man. get a helicoil and drill it out and tap it for that install it and bolt her back up.

GITER DUN!!!!! :rockon:

Brent

What he said. You could also jump up a size. I used a MotoBlue puller, not too expensive and it worked great. You just have to take your time. Mine came without the bolt too. I put a small dab of paint between the shaft and pulley to check for slipping. None so far.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member

I'm not to far from you. We can repair it for you no problem. You can sent it out to us or give me a call for more details.

Rick

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i have not done this mod yet but basic mechanics should apply. tap and dye, go to a local shop and see what they say about that.

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
What's your phone #, I'll call you and see if it can be fixed, Simillar thing happened to me, Drove with it 4mm from the edge for 2 days, and then with a new shaft bolt I got it flush..... It will work out!!

Users who are viewing this thread