Screw the 7:38 GTR runs 7:29 around the ring

z06_23_45

Established Member
That's a short very tight track where the GT-R does have an advantage. The Z06 with it's factory run flats is it at a disadvantage when grip is the #1 factor in producing good lap times. The Nurburgring is a high speed track though, where a heavier less powerful car is at a disadvantage.

What he ^ said.

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
I would beg to differ the GTR would be at a disadvantage on a smaller tighter track, because it is fat, heavy, and has a much higher center of gravity. And, having more grip is the key, whether on the streets of Willow, or the Ring, Grip is grip.

Wait till a few of these show up at some track days, with 'good' drivers, it will be like the Evo all over again. I remember I got no respect when I showed up at CMP, the laughter stopped when it was running times faster than most AI and some AIX cars with light mods.

I reserve my 'final' thought till I see a ZR1 go up against a GTR V-spec somewhere in the US.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Haters...man o man...when will it ever stop? I cant wait to see the first 1000+hp one in the states. With an AWD system that will hold the power and shift almost instantly....you have an EVO/STI on major ROIDS! I so want one.

Monoxcide

Established Member
Everyone stating the car is underrated is correct. Motortrend dyno'd one of the test mules they were given. 567HP at the crank. The car also has insane gearing for low end push. The super cars its beating on the track start pulling away from the GT-R at 120mph + (Graph Below). I know nothing about the ring but my guess is you rarely go past it before having to slow down. They have also changed the tires as well, they are giving the testers the RE070's which are supposedly going to be stock. The transmission can shift in .2 seconds as well.

Its not the first time they have underrated the horsepower on a car its just a matter if they do the same thing for the consumer version.

Chart
112_0803_12z+2009_nissan_gtr+acceleration_comparison_chart.jpg

Dyno Numbers
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0803_2009_nissan_gt_r_dyno_test

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Last edited:

GTO30272

Established Member
It's amusing that people are bashing the "doubters" when Nissan AND Toyota pulled similar stunts in the past, which gives a legitimate reason to "doubt" them this time around. I simply can not wait for these things to start hitting the streets, and NO, not so I can go buy one. I am simply tired of all of this hype on a car that isn't released. A LOT of new GTR owners that bought into over a year's worth of hype are going to be disappointed on the street and the track. I would predict this car is not going to be sold in the US in 5 years. Same fate as the last generation of Japanese AWD turbo cars. The majority of the people that think this car is so wonderful, simply will not be able to afford one. IF (BIG IF) I was in the market for this type of car, you would have a very difficult time convincing me it is worth the $35k+ (MSRP) and realistically $60k+ premium over an EVO/STI. There just is not the same following in THIS country for the Skyline compared with the Corvette and the potential Porsche owners are not going to give up their P-car for a Nissan.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Has top gear ran this car yet?

what did the stig run in it on the test track.....

Detroit_Doc

Established Member
LOL! Everyone is acting like this is Hyundai claiming they ran that time at the ring. The old school Skylines have a rep for a reason. Why is everyone doubting this. DO the old school Skylines give you some reason to doubt the claims? And if you think you are whinny little biatches now wait until people start modding them.

bubbrubb

Everyone stating the car is underrated is correct. Motortrend dyno'd one of the test mules they were given. 567HP at the crank. The car also has insane gearing for low end push. The super cars its beating on the track start pulling away from the GT-R at 120mph + (Graph Below). I know nothing about the ring but my guess is you rarely go past it before having to slow down. They have also changed the tires as well, they are giving the testers the RE070's which are supposedly going to be stock. The transmission can shift in .2 seconds as well.

Its not the first time they have underrated the horsepower on a car its just a matter if they do the same thing for the consumer version.

Chart
112_0803_12z+2009_nissan_gtr+acceleration_comparison_chart.jpg

Dyno Numbers
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0803_2009_nissan_gt_r_dyno_test
I hope everyone reads this post!!

Also if you look closely at the acceleration, you'll be happy to see that everything else on that chart eats its lunch after 60 mph :)

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Last edited:

runsonboost

Established Member
i like the guy talking about the handling coming from good weight distribution, because the last time i checked the GT-R had a terrible 54.8F 45.2R. the curb weight is 3900 so with driver, gas and testing equip. the car probably runs close to 4300. i also read 2 different tests where one 1/4 mile run trapped 124, the other only doing 116. normally there is a couple MPH up or down for the driver and conditions, but 8mph come on. as i remember the times were too far apart either. as far as price goes, i dont see them rolling off the lot for less than 100k. your still hard pressed to find a Z06 or GT500 for sticker. its probably still going to be a badass car, but its definetly not all its hyped up to be.

Enorbit3

Established Member
Don't hold your breath.

The new owners of Chryco are not about to dump a ton of money to test a car in Germany:fm:

well considering its benz and chrysler are one in the same now, i dont think it should be too difficult...daimler chrysler..

mr2cam

Established Member
well considering its benz and chrysler are one in the same now, i dont think it should be too difficult...daimler chrysler..

Mercedes sold chrysler a while ago, for a huge loss too..

apex632

Established Member
Props if it's legit. On a side note, how do we know the boost isn't turned up on these cars? How do we know if the suspension is tweaked? Just seems suspicious to beat the previous best by 9 seconds when it was already stupid fast.

I'd like to know as well considering the 7:38 wasn't even done on the production tires but a set of cut slicks. 7 seconds on that track is a huge difference, as that's about 1 second on most other tracks. Plus all the talk of press cars and what not being hopped up compared to what consumers are actually getting makes me wonder. But there's nothing that proves this time to be false so for now it's legit.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

Daimler sold Chrysler about 6 months ago, so no help there.

You'll never see a 'ring effort for the Viper like you've seen for the Vette and GTR. If you do some times, it'll be from some independent source.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Mercedes sold chrysler a while ago, for a huge loss too..

yup Mercedes sure did they dumped a ton of there debt into chrysler then sold it

and are now pretty much debt free

pretty good idea if you ask me pretty shit though to

Users who are viewing this thread