Screw the 7:38 GTR runs 7:29 around the ring

25psi

Established Member
http://www.nissaneurope-newsbureau....s_under______at_nurburgring_12095056384513968

- GT-R among the fastest ever production road cars at the ‘Ring’ -

(CASCAIS, Portugal, 1st May 2008) - Nissan today announced that its GT-R supercar achieved a lap time at the infamous Nurburgring in Germany of seven minutes and 29 seconds. Recorded on April 16 and 17, the GT-R used was a base specification car and fitted with the standard Japanese market tires. Driven by GT-R chief test driver Tochio Suzuki, this latest lap time beats the previous fastest time for the GT-R by nine seconds.

The previous best lap time for GT-R of 7:38, also driven by Suzuki, was one of the fastest laps achieved by a production car despite conditions being slightly damp on two corners.

“At last year’s testing, we were frustrated by the conditions at the Nurburgring, always believing that the GT-R could go under seven minutes 30 seconds.” said Kazutoshi Mizuno, Chief Vehicle Engineer for GT-R. “Below seven minutes 30 seconds, the GT-R proves it is among the fastest mass-production cars in the world. We set out to build a multi-performance supercar accessible to anyone, anytime and anywhere - I believe the GT-R has delivered that promise.”

Deliveries of the all-new GT-R began in Japan in December 2007. Sales in the US and Canada start in July and extend to Europe and other markets over the next 12 months.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Props if it's legit. On a side note, how do we know the boost isn't turned up on these cars? How do we know if the suspension is tweaked? Just seems suspicious to beat the previous best by 9 seconds when it was already stupid fast.

venomws6

Established Member
Great times,

But they been testing that car for over 3months at that track right???

Anyone know what the Viper ACR Ran???

Don Juan

Established Member
Holy crap :uh oh:

I love corvettes and I love American cars but it seems like nothing can touch the GT-R.

Titanium 5.0

Oh Oh.. 5.0!
Established Member
This is a very impressive machine to say the least! Nissan outdid themselves with this one for sure. They promised a beast and they delivered. . .:bowdown:

Don Juan

Established Member
I think is an mazing car but Nissan it's whoring the crap out of the ring times, I've never seen any car company spend some much time in the ring trying the beat these times.

I read that they been on the ring for about a year, I wonder what would happen if other automakers spent the same amount of time trying to beat each other times.

25psi

Established Member
I think is an mazing car but Nissan it's whoring the crap out of the ring times, I've never seen any car company spend some much time in the ring trying the beat these times.

I read that they been on the ring for about a year, I wonder what would happen if other automakers spent the same amount of time trying to beat each other times.

I would rather have a company critique its vehicles, to bring out the best performance possible. Is this the fault of Nissan? I think not.

Porsche spends just as much time on the Ring than Nissan. It might not be as widely publicized, but they do spend an enormous amount of time on the ring/

turbosaleen

Established Member
if you believe thats a production spec car runing at production power levels with the stock suspension on the real production tires < unshaved > i got a bridge to sell you

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
thats impressive if it's legit. but it still can't out run ugly

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
if you believe thats a production spec car runing at production power levels with the stock suspension on the real production tires < unshaved > i got a bridge to sell you

+1

For real, lets be realistic here. There is no way this car could beat the Porsche CGT with Walter Rohl driving. A 600hp 3100# F1 derived supercar vs. a ~500hp 3800# coupe. Come on!

Something is fishy here. The ring is not some tight autocross type track, where AWD would pay huge dividends. It's a high speed track, where high HP cars rule.

mr2cam

Established Member

Dude you should take your 05 over there and show them whats up!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread