Screw head broke off replaceable friction plate on Spec Flywheel

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
On my last clutch job, I got a spec 2+ and spec billet steel flywheel. The other day something broke in the clutch assembly. Broke everything down and found a broken screw head that holds the friction plate on. there was also a complete circle on my clutch disk where is initially hit. Very upset about this. My setup didn't even have 2000 miles on it. Not going back with that replaceable plate anymore.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Even Mcleod swapped to bolts for the replaceable flywheel disk versus rivets. Did the bolt snap or did it come loose? Many have replaceable disk using bolts and you dont see this happen often if any. I did my own and have been just fine. I would say one of a few things happend......
1. To tight (no torque wrench, out of calibration, etc.)
2. Not tight enough
3. Wrong torque sequence.
4. Use better bolts. I personally bought my own bolts rather than using bolts supplied.

TRBO VNM

I think I went back and forth via text with OP about this the other day. First time I have heard about something like this happening. It's unfortunate and sometimes you just never know what can happen.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
Even Mcleod swapped to bolts for the replaceable flywheel disk versus rivets. Did the bolt snap or did it come loose? Many have replaceable disk using bolts and you dont see this happen often if any. I did my own and have been just fine. I would say one of a few things happend......
1. To tight (no torque wrench, out of calibration, etc.)
2. Not tight enough
3. Wrong torque sequence.
4. Use better bolts. I personally bought my own bolts rather than using bolts supplied.

nah, they're not rivets..they're screws flush with friction plate surface but use a hex key to remove. My fly wheel came assembled ready to go from spec. I didn't have to put the flywheel pieces together.

Users who are viewing this thread