Scratched Sunglasses, Help!

03Saleen

Termin8
Established Member
I was at the beach the other day throwing the football with my friend and my sunglasses fell off and scratched one of my Persol's lenses. I was wondering if there is an actual product that works for scratched lenses, or where I can get a replacement lens for a decent price?

Here they are.
0PO2803S__95_58.jpg

fast ford brian

Established Member
Call the manufacturer. Often they sell just the lenses . I scratch mine up at work and they are discontinued but they still sell me the lenses once a year.

03Saleen

Termin8
Established Member
Call the manufacturer. Often they sell just the lenses . I scratch mine up at work and they are discontinued but they still sell me the lenses once a year.

I've been on Persol's website and I cant find any information. I know Luxottica Group owns Persol but they dont have any info either.

Equalbracket

Established Member
I would say just go back to the grocery store and get another pair but I'm guessing those are overpriced and trendy?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Buy Oakleys, they sell replacement lenses for all their frames. Never needed one though...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I found this info on the first link below. If the lens has a minor scratch you might be able to remove it "using toothpaste or metal polish" (use at your own risk). If your lenses are scratched from normal use, you can spread toothpaste on the clean lenses and let it dry. Then clean the lenses with a mild soap and water, and dry with a soft cloth. If toothpaste is not effective, repeat the process with metal polish, such as Brasso."

Repair of Persol Sunglasses | eHow.com

Persol Eyeglass & Sunglass Repairs | Zeisco Optical Lab

"As of November 2010, the Persol website offers no information about warranty repairs or spare parts. You'll need to rely on authorized Persol dealers for this."

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn, I would never put any sort of abrasive near my sunglass lenses. I guess if they don't have a 'coating' on them and its just the tint of the lens itself, it could work.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
By the way, use the Brasso at your own risk. I just posted what I found on that linked website. Same with the toothpaste.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I have to replace the lenses in my oakley fives at least once a year. I wear them every single day and I damn well mean every day. The only thing I wear more than my shades are my tattoos. Both of my maternal grandparents had to have cataract surgeries. My paternal grandmother has macular degeneration & is nearly blind now but also had to have cataracts removed prior to the macular. I like having decent uv protection in my sunglasses. I've gone the $20 gas station route before but the lenses suck and I don't trust their uv coatings. Plus with those shit lenses I see weird lines in the tempered glass of our farm equipment. Good shades are cheap considering what they protect.

03Saleen

Termin8
Established Member
I have to replace the lenses in my oakley fives at least once a year. I wear them every single day and I damn well mean every day. The only thing I wear more than my shades are my tattoos. Both of my maternal grandparents had to have cataract surgeries. My paternal grandmother has macular degeneration & is nearly blind now but also had to have cataracts removed prior to the macular. I like having decent uv protection in my sunglasses. I've gone the $20 gas station route before but the lenses suck and I don't trust their uv coatings. Plus with those shit lenses I see weird lines in the tempered glass of our farm equipment. Good shades are cheap considering what they protect.

I agree.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I was wondering who Buddy Holly left those to, LOL! Oakley if you need replacements and protection.

Users who are viewing this thread