Scratch!!

MysticSN95

Established Member
A F'n rock glanced off the side of my front bumper. It left a pice of clear hanging out (real tiny maybe 1/8 inch). Like if you had a cut and your skin was peeled back. What should i do pull it off then wax the shit out of it Is the paint too thin to sand out or rub out. I also have a scratch but im fraid to use rubbing compund dont want to cut the clear.

Is 3000 grit sand paper better than rubbing compound.(as in more course)

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
If you trim it, there will be a gash in there. Use a dab of JBWELD on the edges of the clearcoat using a tootpick. Press down, then wipe excess glue off. Once it's dry, use 440 grit wet sandpaper to polish the excess glue off, creating a smooth surface.

Make sure not to use this on any white clearcoats.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Didn't PlatinumCobra answer your question?

King03Cobra

Established Member
Don't know how deep it is, but if it is not too bad you might try to use 3-M's Finesse-It II finishing material. You can get it at automotive paint store. It will fill in scratches in your clearcoat and works well.

allmotorTA

Established Member
If I had a mystic and that happened I would not even think about touching it. I'd let someone that knows what they're doing touch it.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by MysticSN95
yea but JB weld? just wanted more input thats all.

You can try any flexible clear glue that attaches to paint. I've just found that epoxies work best since they don't discolor as much. :thumbsup:

MysticSN95

Established Member
oh got ya now. You said JB weld and i was thinking "metal,not good on paint" lol. I understand your point about the epoxy part of it now thanks.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread