Scott Rod Fab rear seat delete install in my 97 Cobra

stangbanger856

Established Member
Sold off my all tan interior for some 2 tone Black and Tan setup. Also installed 2001 Bullitt seats and wanted something to replace the rear seat so I called up Scott Rod Fab for one of there SN95 rear seat delete without the headrest panel. This is what came in the box 3 days later...

E87D248D_zpsdc7ace2d.jpg

With my supercharged car I have a external T Rex fuel pump that makes a good amount of noise so I wanted to mask it as much as possible to I bought 2 can of Rustoleum profecianal undercoating and whent to town on the back sides of them.
54172AEA_zps8a0b6386.jpg

49B04945_zpsd2885bd7.jpg

After I let them dry I started the install, they do not come with instructions so a quick call to Scott Rod Fab had it figured out. 1st is to set the passenger side upper panel in and secure it with 3 rivits. 1 in each corner except for the lower right corner.

5AA0CA8C_zpse0f6c6b8.jpg

Next move to the driver side upper panel and this is where you will need to trim to fit Messure twice cut once!!!!!
E7221AD3_zps16b4ec39.jpg

This time put a rivit in each corner and move to the lower passenger side panel set that in place an this it where one of the lower button supports come in. Use masking tap on the 1/4 plastic to show where the lower bottom will stay and remove the panel. Set the support in and rivit it flush with that tape line. Now the lower panel will pay on that and can be rivits in.

E5AEB1F0_zps8048cefa.jpg

Next move to the driver side lower panel and do the same.
D7717FC0_zpsde556555.jpg

Now that everything is in and trimmed to fit correctly Messure out with tape and mark where the rest of the rivits go and then go to town!!!
F6E3C30A_zps77d225fb.jpg

I think it came out supper nice and even though it was a lot more the other RSDs ($311 shipped) it is well worth it!

stangbanger856

Established Member
Thanks, Scott Rod makes quality stuff and customer support is top notch. I do want to install a 6 point bar in the future but intill I get another set of track wheels and new clutch I won't need it.

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
Looks great!.. wasn't sure how it would look complete after the first few pictures. Just out of curiosity is it sturdy at all or if weight sets on it would it fold/break?

stangbanger856

Established Member
its not gona break or come out easy, but it might ding or bend if hit hard enough, but its not a DD just a show/strip nice day car.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
OP looks great! I love mine! Only complaint is you def hear everything now! Ie: pumps and gear noise even louder than before, but well worth it!
Here's a pic of mine with 8 point chromoly.
F77B1BA8.jpg
[/IMG]

hittinboost

Established Member
How sturdy? Could it be sat on just for doing things like cleaning back there or would it dent up?

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
How sturdy? Could it be sat on just for doing things like cleaning back there or would it dent up?

No it's aluminum, I do not advise putting anything on it. If you look at it to hard it might bend! Lol
But it's light and looks amazing!

smitty2919

Established Member
I might be in the minority, but I prefer the carpeted panels myself.

Nice work on the install though.

Agreed, and not for $300. I would rather just have a big hole if this was just for weight savings.

But who am I kidding, I will make my own delete kit before I pay for any one of the ones on the market.

stangbanger856

Established Member
OP looks great! I love mine! Only complaint is you def hear everything now! Ie: pumps and gear noise even louder than before, but well worth it!
Here's a pic of mine with 8 point chromoly.
F77B1BA8.jpg
[/IMG]

I do t notice any more sound with mine. I did put some heavy coats of sound deadener and don't have an issue with road noise.

As far as carpeted setups I just think this looks better IMHO. Again this isn't a DD and mostly a Strip/Show car. If I want to move stuff around it will go in my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread