Scoop on C-Bad 10/25 Sat

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
BTW.....Allen, why is it u always know were to go? :dw:

because i own the internet. oh wait, that's marwane. ;-) i always try to find the best prices for stuff and tires are always on my shopping list. :burnout:

03DOHC

Established Member
Since all you guys have been there on F1's, do you have any tips? Should I avoid the 1-2 powershift? Not that I'd race my car or anything.:)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i'd do the 1-2 powershift on the first run to test the track. if it gets squirrely then go w/ the speed shift. totally hypothetical of course as i don't race either.

stang99

Actually, I do have advice. If you run F1's just take it easy and avoid wheel hop. They work OK with good track prep but, you have to accept that most people will not go below 1.9 60' with F1's. I think that I got a 1.96 60' on very worn F1's the day we rented LACR, but, they had the stickum on the track out 660' because we paid for lots of compound and prep. My shoes were sticking to the track near the starting line and you could see streamers of track compound coming off the tires. It was just one of those very hot bad altitude density days or I would have run some personal record numbers.
So, air the tires down to 24 psi hot and launch at a fairly low rpm unless you want to do the launch at 3000 and slip your clutch just short of wheel spin method that Clutch Killer used effectively to get super 60' times. That method will fry your clutch and will cost more than 2 315 Nittos (they last pretty well on the street) delivered to your door and mounted on your stock rims. I still recommend the Nittos since they are not totally a waste of money. You preserve your F1's, which are more expensive tires. If you run Nottis on the back, you will have two spare F1's to put on the front when your fronts wear out. And, you will be able to launch the car and avoid wheel hop.
Rant Off

03DOHC

Established Member
As for DR's, I will be picking up a set of 17" ET Streets as soon as they come out. Thanks for the tips.:)

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
As for DR's, I will be picking up a set of 17" ET Streets as soon as they come out. Thanks for the tips.:)
If I were to get my hands on some Nitto RII's what pressure should I set them to? 17? 18?

stang99

Don't you love the phantom ware stuff. They can wait on the 17" ET Streets now until the drag season starts again back east so it may be 6 months before the tire is released, if it ever is released. And, it will have to fit the stock Cobra to be any use to me.

Originally posted by 03DOHC

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Don't you love the phantom ware stuff. They can wait on the 17" ET Streets now until the drag season starts again back east so it may be 6 months before the tire is released, if it ever is released. And, it will have to fit the stock Cobra to be any use to me.
According to MT the tires are awaiting DOT approval, so they are on the way. How long the DOT thing will take, I don't know.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by SoCalBlk03
Nice to see some things never change. :lol:

OBTW: I graduate next week and will look you up when I get back. ;-)

Oh cool....another track member :beer:

Hey P. Guess Chris is calling ur BS :lol: :p

Users who are viewing this thread