come in after 12
thanks,
Jim
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 1:15 PM
Subject: Saturday 10/25/03 question

stang99

No. I have retired from racing since my car is now proven and running consistent. There is no reason to continue beating the car if it has reached its potential. I am going to sleep in and relax this Saturday.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
I asked about the rules and entry fees and this is the response:

very cool, thanks for clarifying. i guess i won't have to bring the sparklett bottle full of quarters to get in.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
What pressure do you guys run your F1's at when you go to the track?

I think i had them on 29 or 30psi when i ran it @ Irwindale.

Best 60's i ever did was 2.109 :bash: then again the F1's were pretty new then.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
What pressure do you guys run your F1's at when you go to the track?

F1's? Who has an F1 with tread left on it?

I run my Nitto 555 street tires at about 24 LBS, same as I did with the F1's, before they went bye bye.

Nitto DR's were at 16 lbs. Smoke 'em if you got 'em:burnout:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
My fronts look like they came off the show room floor :shrug:

Rears....strange thing but the passenger side had most of the wear.

U should see Rmoreau..... :nonono: Thats almost a F1's Slicks.

stang99

That's because your car is a garage queen. If you went to the track and made about a hundred runs, you'd be needing some new F1's. But, most of us run DR's at the track these days. F1's are OK for a high performance street tire, but, DR's are cheaper and grip better. I run the Nittos at 17 psi these days and they don't seem to be moving on the rim or doing anything bad. Driving them on the street to and from the track I run 32 psi cold in them. For every day driving I run the OEM F1's, which wear very well IMHO.

I actually have quite a bit of tread left on my original F1's. :-D

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
How much are F1's?

I wouldnt get the BFG DR's for the daily driving & 400bucks was a hit on the wallet.......well im sure ur talking about the Nittos then.

But how much are the F1's? Just for Info.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
That's because your car is a garage queen. If you went to the track and made about a hundred runs, you'd be needing some new F1's. But, most of us run DR's at the track these days. F1's are OK for a high performance street tire, but, DR's are cheaper and grip better. I run the Nittos at 17 psi these days and they don't seem to be moving on the rim or doing anything bad. Driving them on the street to and from the track I run 32 psi cold in them. For every day driving I run the OEM F1's, which wear very well IMHO.
Well if any of you want to loan me the money for DR's or let me borrow yours I might be able to use some. Property taxes are due so there's not a large surplus of money right now. :( So, that means if I want to run before the track closes it'll have to be on my F1's.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hummm. DR's dont sound so bad now....since they grip like nothing id ever punched the gas pedle on with.

BTW.....Allen, why is it u always know were to go? :dw:

stang99

F1 are hard to launch on, and, the shift from 1->2 can get loose too. I fooled with the pressure at the track and never really found a sweet spot but 24 hot seemed about right. My best 60' times on F1's were on fairly worn tires. It's all about the track prep when you are running a street tire. The DR's can still have traction problems, but they seem to be more consistent than the F1's.
That said, I have never managed to get a sub 1.9 60' time yet with the Nittos and I had several sub 2.0 60' times with the F1's. So, I am a poor source for advice about tires and tire pressures. But, the Nittos spin less 1->2 always.
Our property taxes are not late until 12/10, so they get paid the 1st installment on 12/09. That's almost two months from now so I can't be thinking about that.
Borrowing drag tires is the best bet for real. I wonder if the tires from LL Lightning would fit on your Cobra?

Well if any of you want to loan me the money for DR's or let me borrow yours I might be able to use some. Property taxes are due so there's not a large surplus of money right now. :( So, that means if I want to run before the track closes it'll have to be on my F1's.

Users who are viewing this thread