SCMC Track event - new MSR Houston - Dec 3-4

Andy M

Established Member
Folks,

We are working on the final details at the moment, but have secured a weekend date (the very first event to be held at this new facility as a matter of fact!) at the new track just south of Houston - Motorsport Ranch Houston (MSR Houston).

The event would be held the weekend of December 3rd-4th and the track has agreed to allow the advanced groups and instructors to come in early on Friday to learn the track layout.

Myself and a few of the SCMC officers from Houston visited this facility this past Saturday. Folks, this is a VERY impressive facility. 16 turns, 2.4 miles and acres (and I mean alot of them!!) of runoff room. Looks to be a VERY safe track.

Anyway, we need to get an idea of how many of you would be interested in coming down to play with us. We expect that once the other clubs hear that we are the very first event at this new facility, that we will have no problems filling up our available slots; therefore it will be first come first serve.

Come on you guys up north... Houston is a terrific place to be in December.

I want to hear from you, especially if you think you can make it.

Last edited:

Andy M

Established Member
We now have 45 paid cars registered - for the entire weekend!! :)

Even one Ferrari 360 Challenge race car!! And TWO Porsche GT3 Cup cars!!!

Should be fun!!! You guys up north are gonna miss a great event!!!! New track - first event there!!!! I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Andy M said:
We now have 45 paid cars registered - for the entire weekend!! :)

Even one Ferrari 360 Challenge race car!! And TWO Porsche GT3 Cup cars!!!

Should be fun!!! You guys up north are gonna miss a great event!!!! New track - first event there!!!! I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome!!!!!!!! :beer:

Too bad I'm 1800 miles away! :shrug:

Andy M

Established Member
Ken,

Its only a couple days here and couple days back?? :poke:

Of course, with the price of diesel these days, you would :xpl: when you get your fuel bill!!! :eek:

I sure wish you guys could come and join in on the fun!! We will have 5 2000 R's and at least 1 95 R in attendance. We hope to get another 95 R joining us from Louisiana.

Should be a blast!! One of the owners of this new track has a new Ford GT!! I am hoping to get a ride in it at speed on this course!!! :banana:

Last edited:

Andy M

Established Member
Looks like we will sell out our event!! We have 58 cars registered now. Only 7 more slots available.

Are you guys up north sure you don't want to come down to TX and play with us?? hmmmmmm???? ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread