SCMC Nationals - on track @ MSR Houston, Nov 10-11, 2007!

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
SCMC Nationals - on track @ MSR Houston, Nov 10-11, 2007!

Please join The SCMC as we have our Nationals at MSR Houston November 10-11, 2007.

The ontrack event will be limited to 75 paid participants. Sign up online today so you do not miss your chance. This event is open to all makes and models.

MSR Houston is a 2.4 mile long road course, skillfully designed to develop and intensify your driving enjoyment. MSRH has 17 turns and demanding straights that offer numerous opportunities to test you and your vehicle’s capabilities. (Stay tuned as MSRH might make some track configuration modifications before this event) Here is the track website with more track info:
www.msrhouston.com

Instructors: This is a driving education event, and will not be timed. Instructors will be provided to ride with and teach the lower open track skill level drivers (or anyone who request an instructor). This event is all about having fun while learning to better drive our cars. There will be drivers attending from all skill levels, 1st timers to those who race professionally.

Run Groups: The SCMC reserves the right to constructs the run groups accordingly. Drivers will be placed in run groups with other drivers of comparable skill level.

Safety: To build upon our safety emphasis each year, our first concern is the safety of the drivers. We ask that everyone follow the proper guidelines for safety equipment. Your car will need to be inspected prior to the event, and there will be tech inspection before your car is allowed on the track. Ultimately, you are responsible for ensuring your car is inspected and safe to be put on track. More details to come in the driver packet provided after registration.

Helmet: A SA00 or better helmet is required. (MA is acceptable)

Convertibles: The MSR Houston open track event on Nov 10-11, 2007 will require convertibles to have proper roll protection. This does not include light bars. You must have either a welded or safely bolted in roll bar sufficient enough to protect you and your passenger (factory installed functional rollover protection will also work).

Late Registration: There will be a $25.00 late registration fee added on October 27, 2007 on top of the event price.

RV\Campers:There will be 10-15 camper spots with water and power hookup at the track.

Forum Link:
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14628

On-track Registration:
http://www.scmcstore.com/store/product.php?productid=60&cat=0&page=

All Ford Car Show: All Ford vehicles are welcome to enter into the SCMC Nationals car show. Judging will be setup by the SCMC, and the top 25 judged entries will receives a plaque.

Car Show Registration:
http://www.scmcstore.com/store/product.php?productid=61&cat=0&page=

Hotel Information: This is the official event hotel.
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
1820 Country Place Parkway
Pearland, TX 77582
713-426-7377

You can sign up online by going to http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/houpl-springhill-suites-houston-pearland/ and putting in the group code of SVTSVTA for a king bed suite or group code SVTSVTB for a double bed suite at the discounted event rate of $115 per room per night.

:beer:

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
TTT
You know you want to!!!

MSRH2006CD028.jpg

DRPMSR18.jpg

nightstalker865

Established Member
DRPMSR18.jpg

Looks like Jane might have been putting it on you guys!! I wish I could make it out there sometime to run with you guys. Rick and Jane are always talking about it.

Have fun guys.

Admiral

Established Member
You see those tires she's running on? Z06 + race rubber = one fast combo!

C'mon down and have some fun! :banana::banana::banana:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Actually at that event she gave me a couple point bys... 1 per session on Saturday...(IIRC) by Sunday however with me on my $92 Sumitomo street tires... I was not able to catch her anymore.:thumbsup:

She's good, learns fast, and has a very fast combo... They were both a pleasure to both run with and shoot the $#IT with!!! Very nice couple!

TTT For an event you are going to kick yourself if you miss people!!!

I just did a PCA (Porsche Club of America) event at TWS and shook out most of the cob webs... It was my 2nd event there.(1st was just one day in 2004)

Looks like I was running 2.05s on my 3rd day ever at TWS..... (yellow group/solo)

The time is somewhat irrelevant...(we don't allow timing.. so don't get caught...) but the rush was incredible!!!:rockon::banana::rockon::pepper:

If you think you might enjoy driving a car fast... with no cops around to stop you... and enjoy taking a corner hard... You NEED to sign up and come to this event!!!

Stop thinking you need this or that mod first...:bored: YOU DON"T!!! Seat time trumps all mods every time it's tried!!!:beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Actually at that event she gave me a couple point bys... 1 per session on Saturday...(IIRC) by Sunday however with me on my $92 Sumitomo street tires... I was not able to catch her anymore.:thumbsup:

She's good, learns fast, and has a very fast combo... They were both a pleasure to both run with and shoot the $#IT with!!! Very nice couple!

TTT For an event you are going to kick yourself if you miss people!!!

I just did a PCA (Porsche Club of America) event at TWS and shook out most of the cob webs... It was my 2nd event there.(1st was just one day in 2004)

Looks like I was running 2.05s on my 3rd day ever at TWS..... (yellow group/solo)

The time is somewhat irrelevant...(we don't allow timing.. so don't get caught...) but the rush was incredible!!!:rockon::banana::rockon::pepper:

If you think you might enjoy driving a car fast... with no cops around to stop you... and enjoy taking a corner hard... You NEED to sign up and come to this event!!!

Stop thinking you need this or that mod first...:bored: YOU DON"T!!! Seat time trumps all mods every time it's tried!!!:beer:

Jimmy,

I am flying down for this event, looking forward to meeting you texans. :D

Brian

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Jimmy,

I am flying down for this event, looking forward to meeting you texans. :D

Brian

EXCELLENT!!! Brian!!! You freaking ROCK MAN!!!!:rockon:

Make sure you find me and say hi!!!

I'm another transplanted Texan... Originally from Syracuse, NY... that's where the 5 years of Ice Racing (CNYIRA) experience comes from.... came down in 95 and TOTALLY fell in love with the place!!!

I know we are going to have a KICK A$$ TIME!!!!:beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
EXCELLENT!!! Brian!!! You freaking ROCK MAN!!!!:rockon:

Make sure you find me and say hi!!!

I'm another transplanted Texan... Originally from Syracuse, NY... that's where the 5 years of Ice Racing (CNYIRA) experience comes from.... came down in 95 and TOTALLY fell in love with the place!!!

I know we are going to have a KICK A$$ TIME!!!!:beer:

Sounds great...........and I do expect a ride. :banana:

I love it in the southwest, wish I could move away from theses winters.

Brian

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Brian

I can get you rides on track from Joe Johnson or Dave(03 cobra toy) ... but since I'm still intermediate(yellow I think) they don't like us "newbs" giving rides although if I was getting instruction from you that would be different I do believe.... Hmmmmm...:p;-)

Cobra-R

Established Member
I can get you rides on track from Joe Johnson or Dave(03 cobra toy) ... but since I'm still intermediate(yellow I think) they don't like us "newbs" giving rides although if I was getting instruction from you that would be different I do believe.... Hmmmmm...:p;-)

I am planning on instructing...........I bet if you requested me, I bet you would get your wish. ;)

Regardless, I will get permission to ride with you. :banana:

Brian

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member

Brian

Hey Brian
If you want a fast ride around the track come see me or Jayne!
This was taken at Barber last weekend coming out of the kink on the back straight.
Who is driving those TWO Machine Silver Z06s?:eek:
Guess who is in front?:rockon: but getting ready to give a point by!!:nonono:

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I am planning on instructing...........I bet if you requested me, I bet you would get your wish. ;)

Regardless, I will get permission to ride with you. :banana:

Brian

COOL!!! I am a very long ways from thinking I've got it all figured out. If it's not a time conflict with your other students... I would love to get some input!

Plus after all these years it would be great to meet you face to face!:rockon::beer:

PS: I don't look like I do in my avatar when I'm at a track event...lol Instead I'm smiling ear to ear!!!

Last edited:

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
Looks like Jane might have been putting it on you guys!! I wish I could make it out there sometime to run with you guys. Rick and Jane are always talking about it.

Have fun guys.

Eric
What are you waiting for?? Get registered and caravan down with us! :banana::rockon:

Cobra-R

Established Member
COOL!!! I am a very long ways from thinking I've got it all figured out. If it's not a time conflict with your other students... I would love to get some input!

Plus after all these years it would be great to meet you face to face!:rockon::beer:

PS: I don't look like I do in my avatar when I'm at a track event...lol Instead I'm smiling ear to ear!!!

It was great meeting you this weekend, Jimmy. Thanks again for the ride, it was a blast!! :beer::banana:

Great weekend, great track, and even better people.

Brian

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
Great seeing you again Brian.....hopefully see ya next year out somewhere.

You Texans really did it up right this year. We had a blast. Y'all need to come east in '08 and run with us at VIR!

I have posted up all the SCMC track events in the Events & Shows forum.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread