SCMC event at MSRH

JoeJ

Established Member
Mark,

There were about 55 paid entries and 15 instructors. Not sure about the exact numbers. It was a great event. The weather was great and everyone had fun. There was a nice dinner on Saturday night with presentations given out for the car show and others who worked so hard on the event. The local SCMC guys put on a great event. The host hotel was brand new and really nice. Each room had flat panel TV's. Hmmm..Like we all had time to watch TV..lol.:lol:

It was sure nice to see Brian, Thomas, Pete, Mike, Lew, and Dean made it out to the event! They all had rental Mustangs and sure tore up the track. The crazy guys from Canada had Hertz Mustang rental cars. I followed Thomas one session and my but he was driving that convertible. Sideways thru the turns with the tires smoking ..lol.:rockon: I know there was some brake pads that had to be changed during the weekend, with traction control/ABS sensors disabled. Hmmm..:beer:

There was a variety of cars at the event. Z06 Corvettes, Lotus Exige, Dodge Vipers, Mazda Miatas, a 2007 Orange Saleen Parnelli Jones Mustang, Ford Taurus SHO, and of course a bunch of Mustang Cobra's. It was also nice to see the new Shelby GT500 Mustangs on the track. I will try and post a group picture later of the SCMC cars that was taken on Sunday on the hot pit.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
This event was an absolute blast!!! ............ and I only corded one tire this time...lol

Great seeing you again Joe!:beer:

And everyone else too!!

IMG_9087.jpg

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Jimmy:

You ONLY corded ONE tire?!!? I'm so disappointed! ;-) The tires must have been new before the event, huh?!?! :poke:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Jimmy:

You ONLY corded ONE tire?!!? I'm so disappointed! ;-) The tires must have been new before the event, huh?!?! :poke:

No only 2 were new...

Corded... 4 at TWS(Porsche club event)...:dw: Used of course.. and I bring back ups...(I'm only a parts guy....$$$)

I gave Brian a ride... I experimented with some lines and brake points when we were out... somewhat to the extreme... and wanted someone like him with a lot of experience to critique me.:read:

He confirmed what I already feared was true...
With a stock springs and shocks car, with sticky tires, that is THAT heavy.... I have to be EXTREMELY SMOOTH... no choice..

It's more fun to drive when all the tires are on the ground anyway....:uh oh:;-)

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
No only 2 were new...

Corded... 4 at TWS(Porsche club event)...:dw: Used of course.. and I bring back ups...(I'm only a parts guy....$$$)

I gave Brian a ride... I experimented with some lines and brake points when we were out... somewhat to the extreme... and wanted someone like him with a lot of experience to critique me.:read:

He confirmed what I already feared was true...
With a stock springs and shocks car, with sticky tires, that is THAT heavy.... I have to be EXTREMELY SMOOTH... no choice..

It's more fun to drive when all the tires are on the ground anyway....:uh oh:;-)

I agree Jimmy. A heavy car is like a woman. Handle with care or it will come back to bite you! ;-):poke::p

Cobra-R

Established Member
Last weekend was a blast and it was great to see old friends and meeting new ones.

Running a V6 was fun since Dean and I had a equal cars and had fun playing, but I found myself wanting a shot of speed and handling before long. A ride with Jimmy got me through the weekend, (thanks Jimmy) that made it easier.

Brian

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
It was fun getting to see the Texas crowd and hanging with the Minn-E-Sota and Canadian crew. Jimmy I wanted to get out there and run with you some but I never managed it. Chased Joe around for a while one session that white car is quick! Thomas rode a couple of sessions with Jayne and I and had a blast. Good folks, good food, good fun and TRACK! What more could you want.

Brian I have the video of Dean's spin downloaded. I will try to post up this week.:rolling:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Brian I have the video of Dean's spin downloaded. I will try to post up this week.:rolling:

I am the last person that would want to expose the spin doctor on here, but would you give us the link in here as well? ;) :lol:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It was fun getting to see the Texas crowd and hanging with the Minn-E-Sota and Canadian crew. Jimmy I wanted to get out there and run with you some but I never managed it. Chased Joe around for a while one session that white car is quick! Thomas rode a couple of sessions with Jayne and I and had a blast. Good folks, good food, good fun and TRACK! What more could you want.

Rick?

Why do I see a pic of two Co.... Cor.....Corv............... um...... silver cars in your avatar?!!? :shrug::(

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
Rick?

Why do I see a pic of two Co.... Cor.....Corv............... um...... silver cars in your avatar?!!? :shrug::(

Yoda: Twisted by the Dark Side, young McNutt has become. The boy you trained, gone he is...:nonono:

The Emperor: The Chevy driver and the Ford driver are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater speed.:uh oh:

May the TRACK be with you!!:thumbsup::D

Users who are viewing this thread