School Me on Gauges

mrose75

Established Member
OK, I just got back from Afghanistan and my awesome wife bought me a Whipple while I was away. Before I throw it on I want to get an A/F gauge set up. I plan on running Speedhut gauges. Which A/F should I go with? What other gauges should I have? I plan on running a boost gauge and have room for one more gauge. I was thinking water temp but unsure. Car is a street car with a possible road course here and there. Don't drag it at all. Recommendations? Thanks.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
I went with the innovate wide band LC-2 with the speedhut Guage. Works great, the speed hut lc-1 Guage works with the LC -2 wide band.

As far as the other guages from speed hut I'm not really a big fan I'm still looking for a boost and either a oil psi or water temp.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Dual aero force gauges with the extra sensors for your needs? Only thing I don't like about the lc1 or lc2 is the extra sensor modules wired. With my digital C-2 autometer it's the gauge and sensor only. The interface is built in the gauge. However it's 0-4volts signal across the board vs 0~5volts.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Aeroforce gauges have a lot to offer. I have one mounted on the steering column with there wideband. Speedhut gauges look very nice, I have a boost and oil pressure on the pillar. The aeroforce is great to look at vital things on these cars such as, battery volts, fpdc, engine temp, charge temp, iat's, maf counts, fuel pressure, boost/vac, ect. Also it's super easy to check for DTC and erase codes.

TRBO VNM

Most people lately have been going with the AEM controller and speedhut wideband gauge. Easy install and matches the other speedhut gauges you buy. I would do either an oil pressure or water temp gauge as the other one.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I will never buy another innovative wideband. I dispose having to do a free air calibration. Ive used AEM in the past and I just went back to them. I bought the new fail-safe and am going to use that for AFR and boost. I bought the oil pressure add on for my aeroforce and plan on only using two gauges for a cleaner look now.

cj428mach

Established Member
I like my Aeroforce. I only wanted to run a single column pod so I sold my Speedhut Wideband and went Aeroforce. I bought the optional 3.5 bar map sensor so now I can read my wideband and boost at the same time on the same gauge. If you want you can look at approx. 20 other sensors like the FRPS etc. To me the Aeroforce is a no brainer and I wished I would have gone that way to begin with.

03SVTscott

Established Member
Most people lately have been going with the AEM controller and speedhut wideband gauge. Easy install and matches the other speedhut gauges you buy. I would do either an oil pressure or water temp gauge as the other one.

That's what I did. TRBO VNM helped me with my setup. Great guy!

null_zps8fa24cfe.gif

mrose75

Established Member
Question: would it make sense to get the Speedhut A/F and boost gauge and have an Aerofroce to monitor any and everything else? Yes the Aeroforce can do it all, but I want full time A/F and Boost. Just a thought....

03SVTscott

Established Member
I like your set up. Where's you grab you're controller? Anything specific on the Speedhut gauges?

I have speed hut revolution gauges. Green backlit, grey face. For my AFR I'm using AEM wideband UEGO controller (part number aem30-2310). Honesty any questions on gauges talked with TRBO VNM he's the man.

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
I have speed hut boost and water that I got through TRBO VNM that I mounted in a speed of sound A-pillar. Then a AEM air/fuel on the steering column. Looks great in my opinion. TRBO VNM is a excellent guy to do business with. Highly recommend him.

mrose75

Established Member

I like your set up. I still want the Speed Hut A/F and Boost and wondering if it makes sense to do the Aeroforce for anything else on the steering column. Looks like I'll be contacting Turbo Venom for all of that with all the recommendations.

TRBO VNM

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words.

YGOSLO, replied to your pm. I don't know how the aeroforce reads oil pressure. IF it is off the stock sender, that isn't good. The stock oil pressure gauge is a dummy gauge and by the time it is low, it is usually too late. The aeroforce will monitor some other parameters if you want aside from just the water temp. Or like I mentioned, go with the autometer gauge bezel which has spots for 2 gauges. Then you can do oil and water there.

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words.

YGOSLO, replied to your pm. I don't know how the aeroforce reads oil pressure. IF it is off the stock sender, that isn't good. The stock oil pressure gauge is a dummy gauge and by the time it is low, it is usually too late. The aeroforce will monitor some other parameters if you want aside from just the water temp. Or like I mentioned, go with the autometer gauge bezel which has spots for 2 gauges. Then you can do oil and water there.

To read oil pressure on the Aeroforce you need to add our oil pressure sensor and connect it to one of the gauge's auxiliary inputs. If you've replaced pulleys for more boost you're going to want to monitor IAT2 temps in addition or A/F ratio. Fuel pump duty cycle and fuel pressure are also important to watch to make sure your pump is supplying enough fuel. If you're at the track or need to keep your eyes on the road the gauge can record data up to about 90 seconds. The warning lights will let you know if you need to watch the gauge or back off the throttle.

Todd

SVT_Troy

Established Member
To read oil pressure on the Aeroforce you need to add our oil pressure sensor and connect it to one of the gauge's auxiliary inputs. If you've replaced pulleys for more boost you're going to want to monitor IAT2 temps in addition or A/F ratio. Fuel pump duty cycle and fuel pressure are also important to watch to make sure your pump is supplying enough fuel. If you're at the track or need to keep your eyes on the road the gauge can record data up to about 90 seconds. The warning lights will let you know if you need to watch the gauge or back off the throttle.

Todd

Beat me to it. I just finished wiring up my aero force oil pressure sender tonight. It's kind of a hassle if you follow there extra suggestions like add the resistor, 2V inline fuse and 5v regulator but worth it. Hassle may be a bad choice of words, it's just more work compared to your typical oil pressure sensor.

My only regret is I didn't go with dual gauges. I'm running the single Aeroforce and new AEM dual wideband with integrated boost gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread