School me on Adjustable Rear Swaybar Endlinks

CrazyHorse04

Established Member
The stock rear sway bar end links on one of my two cobras are completely shot and need to be replaced. The car is lowered on Eibach springs and has the stock sway bar. Is there any legitimate need for adjustable sway bar end links? Am I asking to replace them over and over again if I go with the stock fixed style? The car is used for spirited Sunday drives only at this point, if that helps. What I keep reading is that I want to have the endlinks adjusted so that the sway bar has no preload on it when they are installed.

Take me to school, I want to know exactly why I do or don't want adjustable end links.

01yellercobra

Established Member
My understanding is the sway bar ends should be parallel to the ground when everything is at rest. And there should be no tension on it when the car is sitting neutral. I could be confusing a sway bar with anti-roll bar with all that too.

But I'd guess as long as the bar is equal with the stock links it should be ok. I went with the FTBR links so I could adjust them since I'm lowered and I like the heim joint setup.

CrazyHorse04

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread