Schaeffer oil

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Had a rep stop by the shop today and do a demonstration for me. Their big thing is the addition of moly to their products at an amount that actually leaves a usable deposit on the metals. From a standpoint of small engines (I do landscaping) I don't see how this could be a bad thing. It also comes out to about the same price as Amsoil.

Anyone have any experience with these oils? Rep said he would pay for analyses on current vs new oils at my next change interval if I want it. Might swap at least a few mowers over to see what results I get.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I'll be swapping over to it in the Cobra soon (from Amsoil Sig series). Running Redline in the CMC...not sure if I'll switch yet.

96dreamer

Established Member
That's all I run in my cobra, cavalier, and just switched over the f-250 to it. Had to rebuild the cobra after a piston skirt broke unrelated to the oil and the inside of the motor was immaculate. Cavalier has north of 275000 and sounds like a new car and can still squeak out 35+mpg straight highway and the 7.3 I think got quieter at idle when i switched over, that one could just be in my head though. My fiances dad makes the oil at Schaeffers though so I get a hookup.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
We use some of their machining products. The machine kleen & maxcool coolant. Stuff works great! I always wanted to try the motor oils, but haven't found my way to doing so yet...

jonw605

Established Member
We have a local dealer here. Stuff seams great. I had lifter tick in my 2005 Yukon denali (6.0 liter). Put some neutra (schaeffer made) in the oil. It eliminated lifter noise within a few minutes, impressive. I now run their synthetic.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
The salesperson provided me a few with my packet to show actual results. I can send those to you if you'd like.

96dreamer

Established Member
I plan on sending mine to blackstone at the next oil change. Probably won't be another year till that happens with how many miles i put on the car though.

Users who are viewing this thread