Scariest Fishes in the world

Calypso Vert

Established Member
Those alligator gar are NASTY!! I caught about a 3.5 ft gar and it pulled me all over the place in my kayak. Took about 40 minutes to reel it in. I can't imagine catching one as big as in that picture. I saw some paddling around that were probably a good 8 ft long.

svtcontour

Established Member
African Tiger Fish? I read they hunt in packs like Piranha..not sure how true that is but judging from these pics....I wouldnt want to be in the water

Tigerfish%2035Kgs.jpg

1188997638.jpg

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
You have pirhanna in Ill?
We have some gnarley gar here in OK and we also have spoonbill. They don't have teeth but get damn big and look goofy.

svtcontour

Established Member
That piranha looking fish up a few posts is a Pacu. Its totally harmless. It acts like a dog almost. Friendly and fun fish as a pet....just gets too big for a home aquarium. I had one and had to give it away at 15" long. Best fish I ever kept. I think the black Pacu can get to 5' long!

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
Hey can you eat those. Not sure who would want to but .... I am sure there is somebody out there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, those are some scary looking fish. Some look like they're straight out of some horror movie. :eek:

CobraJay

Established Member
#6 is deff the scariest fish but the rest of them aren't scary at all. Should have been "Which fish looks the dumbest"' lol

GraphicNature

Viewer Discretion Advised
Established Member
I sell sport boats in MS/TN and we have gar here in Pickwick Lake. Makes you think twice about all of the times you've been in the water.

Users who are viewing this thread