Saying Goodbye

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Hi all:

This is one of my last posts in the forum. I just traded in my baby for a SLK 32 AMG 2001. The reason will sound really weird to most of you: I couldn't stand taking it out in the rain and the debris. I tried to find a car that I wouldn't like too much, so that I wouldnt' have a heart attack every time I drove it. A used SLK was it. It's fun to drive and it's allready used, so I don't have to try and keep it looking fresh out of the box as I did with the Cobra. Now, who tries to give up a car that he likes for a car that he doesn't care about so much? Oh, well, laugh all you want. I don't have a garage to keep the Cobra in any longer, either, so that made things even worse. I will have to settle for less power and no mods and I lost some money in the process. The dealer put my car on ebay already with a terrible description that doesn't make it any justice. It's sold by user: Woods_Auto_Gallery on ebay. You'll see it if you do a search. I just wanted to thank everyone for their help on this board and wish you luck with your Terminators. See you on the streets.

George.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The SLK 32 AMG is a pretty sweet car IMHO. You might as well hang around, theres not much brand discrimination here. Change is good... :beer:

slk32amg-4.jpg

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Sorry, George, but that makes no sense to me at all. Maybe it's because I'm a slob [relatively] and just love to drive mine, rain or snow or whatever [except for hail]. I don't like paint chips or scratches but I'm surely not going to worry and park it. Oh well, good luck with your new ride.

Cliff

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
It was mainly because of the chips. After spending so much money and time on 22+ coats of Zaino, paint started peeling on the hood around some chips to the point where it was the size of my palm, every time I washed the car. Dealer said he'd paint it under warranty, but he said it would happen again, because of the material the hood is made of. And of course, I'd have to start from scratch with the polishers. Then, there's no place to race on open road around here, and I'd need about $2,000 to go somewhere and race (gas, tires, break pads, fees) for a day. I'm not so interested in drag racing, just open road. So, I decided to give it up. I didn't even take any of the mods off.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
The slk32 is cool. I have a friend that got his up over 400rwhp. Remember its blown too.

NCStanger

Established Member
Sorry if you didn't really want to get rid of her, but damn, I think I would want to take better care of that car you bought if it looks anything like the one posted above. I mean a Mercedes? Anyway, what do I know, not bashing at all. Now you got me worried about my paint. I do have a carport and cover for it and drive a 93 Jeep Cherokee beater alot, but haven't noticed any paint problems on my hood as of yet!!! Hope I don't or I'll be really p'eed. OMG, I'm sounding like you right now probably. Well maybe I'll sell her soon too. LOL... I lost my job of 14 years 6 months ago and now collecting unemployment. Geez!

Good luck! Like your new ride man. You should to. No worries about paint now, right? Really though, health is the only thing that matter, it's just a car.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Hopefully you're mercedes will be better than my wifes was. That pile of crap was constantly at the dealership. It was never fixed right the first time either. Had to take it back a second time to make it right. The car was never beat on and had low miles as well. If it wasn't covered under warranty, she would have had several thousand tied up in repairs. I would never buy a mercedes but I guess everyone has their own opinion. Hopefully you're car won't give you problems.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Man sorry to hear about the cobra, but like everyone already pointed out you got a pretty sweet ride to replace it. Stick around the forums and let us know how the new ride is.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Hey NCStanger, honestly I don't really care about the Mercedes as much I as I cared for the Cobra. Yes, it looks good, but it's not a new car, so I don't need to keep it looking like new. Don't mean to scare you about the paint. A lot of people had the same problem as me with thin primer, etc., but not all of them. I see you have the Invinca Shield. This should help a lot. I'll take some pictures of the SLK and post them, when I get her looking decent.

Gray03Cobra

Established Member
Wait until you get your first "Mercedes Maintenance Bill". You might go into shock rigth there. A friend who had an '01 S500 told me his first non warranty repair bill was 2 times more than the car note. His wife made him sell that gorgeaous car. Anyway, good luck with the new car.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Gray03Cobra: This is indeed true. They have 2 maintenance plans: A and B. A is just an oil change and they charge about $400 for it, so I'm doing it myself. B is checking several points in the car. I can do most of it, but I also got a warranty for 100K that covers it, cause that's $600. I did look into those costs and they are indeed ridiculous. Engine should last though. Of course there are always exceptions.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
man sorry to hear that. out of all the cobras though you picked the chick car????? odd but whatever floats your boat.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I totally understand. I've always babied my cars, but a high performance car like my Cobra and Callaway Camaro always got way too much of my time. LOL! I was always paranoid about where to drive it, where to park it, etc. Now with my '02 Infiniti QX4 I can drive anywhere, any time with no paranoia (LOL!). I wash it once a week or so and haven't polished it once yet. Me bad! I'll keep this one very nice, but it won't get all the attention I paid to my Cobra. So I know where you're coming from. Best of luck with the SLK and pop in when you can. We'd love to still hear from you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread