Saying goodbye to our pup...

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
I wouldnt put it down unless it was hindering its everyday life.

I wake up everyday in pain, but i dont want to be put down.

Im sorry man its a tough thing to do.

I had a mutt named cody a few years back. Great dog, and suddenly he took a turn for the worse, i took him to the vet where they said they are going to stableize him and run some tests to see if surgury is an option and they said i could go home if i would have liked.

I asked them if i left and something happened would there be enough time for me to make it back to say goodbye and they re assured me yes.

Right when i got home they said he passed. I was furious, i was upset, i lost my pal and didnt get a chance to say goodbye.

Remember the great memories man.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
this has been happining way to aften lately :(

I am sorry for your loss.,., what a great looking Dog

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I wouldnt put it down unless it was hindering its everyday life.

I wake up everyday in pain, but i dont want to be put down.

Im sorry man its a tough thing to do.

I had a mutt named cody a few years back. Great dog, and suddenly he took a turn for the worse, i took him to the vet where they said they are going to stableize him and run some tests to see if surgury is an option and they said i could go home if i would have liked.

I asked them if i left and something happened would there be enough time for me to make it back to say goodbye and they re assured me yes.

Right when i got home they said he passed. I was furious, i was upset, i lost my pal and didnt get a chance to say goodbye.

Remember the great memories man.

The EXACT same thing happened to my with my Corgi Baxter:fm:

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Yeah that def does suck. My wife works at a vet and hears about this all the time and comes home and tells me about it too. When you see how much love people have for thier pets its crazy how much people will pay to keep an animal alive. Unfortunately if you keep them alive just to comfort you and not really think of the dog then your not doing the right thing. Too many people decide to do that and not think about it. Your doing the right thing by having her put down. Sorry you have to go through this.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
a bait dog?!!?! the people who conducted that are the ones who should be put to sleep! I'm realy sorry to here about this but at least you gave your pup the best year of her life.

NateCR

Banned
my dog just ripped a hole in my comforter to try and eat the stuffing, but i couldnt imagine life without her, sorry to hear about your dog.

lol my roomates dog just did that... he is an alaskan mallamute and is such a cuddle dog.. i didnt know the bastard was going to rip apart my bed.

i made my roomate buy me a whole new bedset haha :banana:

ff500

Established Member
When I had to put my dog down it was tough I had him since he was a pup, he was 12 when we put him down the diabetes was just to much for him, we did have him cremated and we keep his ashes in a nice urn in our bedroom.

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Im sorry. I know how it is to save a bait dog. One of my Shar Pei's was a bait dog. Saved her from it. She weighed 35 lbs when I got her. Now she is a hefty 55lbs and a very happy dog. She always wants to play.

mwilliams84

Established Member
Thanks guys for all the comments. One hour from now will be the worst hour of my life so far. We bought her like 10 stuffed squeaky toys for her last nite, and let her demolish them all over the house, but well worth it...

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
RIP. I believe the time has come and gone, but the memories will last forever. Stay strong and read this:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Users who are viewing this thread