Saw X2C's 1000 HP Cobra in Action

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I was there. I was impressed.

Last night at Irwindale Speedway X2C ran their 868 RWHP Cobra. It ran one 1/8 mile pass...6.1x (it was hard to see the board).

According to Dean, the X2C employee, this car runs the full quarter in mid-nines. The car's equipped with a big turbo, 150 lb. injectiors, and a stock long block. It's even running original pistons. In case you're curious, it's 25 lbs. of boost that's giving the numbers.

Dean said that the X2C turbo kit costs about $8-10K installed and dialed in. All piping is custom fabbed. That sounds like something I may seriously consider...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd love to see a video of one of those runs! :)

MTI LS1

WOW, now thats a fast. 8k really does sound reasonable for that kind of power. Maybe in a year or two.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
We'll have to see how long the pistons last under that kind of load. 800+ hp and a stock long block are not a great combo for a long life expectancy. If you're putting money like that into the car, adding a built long block would be a good idea.

Griffin

Established Member
He will have the capability, but actually doing it will be another story.

It should see 1000rwhp as well......

03blackTermn8r

Established Member
just curious, what is Derek's name on here
sweet as shit with that turbo, on the stock block, i really like the numbers

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yeah Derreks car will be fast but once I put on my new part that I call "ASS" I will make 1500rwhp.Sorry cant give you more details about "ASS" but watch out LTHL!!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by black03
yeah Derreks car will be fast but once I put on my new part that I call "ASS" I will make 1500rwhp.Sorry cant give you more details about "ASS" but watch out LTHL!!
sounds like you are taking a crack at billetflow.

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
Originally posted by RedfireVert
I was there. I was impressed.

Last night at Irwindale Speedway X2C ran their 868 RWHP Cobra. It ran one 1/8 mile pass...6.1x (it was hard to see the board).

According to Dean, the X2C employee, this car runs the full quarter in mid-nines. The car's equipped with a big turbo, 150 lb. injectiors, and a stock long block. It's even running original pistons. In case you're curious, it's 25 lbs. of boost that's giving the numbers.

Dean said that the X2C turbo kit costs about $8-10K installed and dialed in. All piping is custom fabbed. That sounds like something I may seriously consider...

I was there and saw that pass....What's funny is that time was with only 9psi; apparently they were having issues with the wastegate.....setting was wrong or something........:bowdown:

JNY XXX

There's also talk of there being a big, single-turboed 03 in Columbus come Spring 2004.

In any event, that X2C Cobra owns.

rezcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by black03

You musta found that can of whoop "ass"!!!:D

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by 03blackTermn8r
just curious, what is Derek's name on here
sweet as shit with that turbo, on the stock block, i really like the numbers

LTHLPSI

Users who are viewing this thread